small dual opposed behind tv screen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
I currently have a Polk Audio DSW400 in the corner for HT duties and it is quite a nice thing. Bought it cheap used off ebay and I am pleased with it.

However it isn't great for music and I need to alter the levels for music stereo and multichannel HT so I plan to make a small bass fill speaker for my 3" FR stereo pair.

To get the sub in the centre of these two really means it will be behind my tv in the corner; not great I know. I have ideas to mount a dual opposed tube/pipe enclosure from the VESA mounts on the screen. I figure I can bolt onto them up to the weight of the screen safely (50" LED). The dual opposed bolted through should make the enclosure dead to avoid rattles.

I will have either 2 channels of tpa3255 or 3 of tpa3251 to play with, so will need a passive filter designing.

I have searched but all the pipe subs are huge, so does anyone have any design ideas using small ish drivers for this project? I am thinking 6.5" max driver size. 8 at a push.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.