need help/advice with a Monitor Audio RXW-12 Subwoofer (built-in amp, please read)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi and thank you for taking the time to read my post,

I have searched and yet to find anything relating to this subwoofer

I have a Monitor Audio RXW-12 powered subwoofer, now the amp just appeared to be dead with no signs of life at all and i love a DIY challenge, I've looked around inside and couldn't get any worth while voltage readings ect from the power supply, so I'm hoping it's just the power supply failure however after my recent experience trying to recap the power supply in my Behringer DDX3216 went badly (so that's going to be a future project hopefully as all the ADC and DAC boards are fine if i can find something to take the 8 I2s input data buses and the 4 out using 16 inputs & 8 outputs, USB or Adat ?)
anyway I've given up on switch mode power supplies and wishing to just replace it with a good old transformer as i already have some from my past project's and salvaged from other gear that's been past repair,

Dose anyone have the service manual please ?

the digital amp board has dual rail power input feeding 2 regulator's L7912CV/L7812CV so that gives the 12V dual rail for the opamps ect

there's another single power supply by the look's of it however i cant see the code on the regulator right next to it because of a cap in the way but chances are it's the 5V supply however will check before applying any power

now there's the dual rail for the main power amp and apart from the main filter cap's being rated at 50v and i haven't had the heat sink off yet to see what class D amp chip's ect it uses so that need's further investigation to see what voltage it need's

any advice on suitable power supply rating's and voltages, specially the main amp supply ?

has anyone else attempted anything like this before ?
modified one of these sub's ?
any advice welcome.....

Service manual would be priceless if any one could help,

If all else fail's i will be looking for another suitable Class D amp board to replace it and building a DIY power supply for it

Cheer's

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.