Eminence Delta Pro 18 A in prism sealed 150 liters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can see in the last photo my previous configuration of subwoofer (two) of near field, now there is only one (I will finish the other one) but they have much more admissible power in the speakers, and although I lose "the back wave" of a BR of 80 liters, the gain of the corner, (4 Pi) the large SD of a speaker of 18 "and almost double the volume of the cabinet, (almost 150 liters estimated with the filling) far exceed the above.
I do not find "null" in different parts of the room, I attribute that to the irregular forms of it added to what has been said above about the "load" of the cabinets sealed with the room.
So (never say never) I will not change the Dayton board amplifier for the Bheringer with DSP, only if it is audible to go from 0.1% to <1.0% THD in the next step.
Soon I will expand on the musical material I used to evaluate and more details about the sound.

Those enclosures came out VERY nice looking!

I leave a new musical theme that I used to test the subwoofer.

Los Chalchaleros - Chakai Manta

I have a " bombo " at home. It is a typical instrument used in our folklore. It is a cylinder with "patches" of cow leather.
Its sound is beautiful and gives the music the rhythmic base just as a double bass does in jazz.
So I know this sound very well, and I can't ask for more to achieve the feeling of realism. Beautiful harmonics of very low frequencies! I do not need more.
I leave a video on YT (not a good recording - like all I've heard "live" from Los Chalchaleros, in addition to the sound compression used by YT) and a version of Chakai Manta on Spotify (studio recording) that I thought Excellent !.
Recently the mentor of this historical musical formation, Juan Carlos Saravia, died. A big.

Los Chalchaleros - Wikipedia

YouTube

Enjoy the bass of Chakai Manta !:)

Attachments

• Sin títulohhh.jpg
    Sin títulohhh.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 195
Of course, I will soon hear the cannons of the 1814 symphony as well.........

:eek:

Ops, I made a mistake here, I was referring to Overture 1812, Opus 49 by Piotr Ilich Chaikovski.
I remember that years ago I listened to this famous musical work in an LP, but it will be hard for me to find it.
Can anyone recommend a version with authentic cannons to listen to via streaming ?

1812 Overture - Wikipedia

Friends, I leave you photos of the end of the odyssey, after the adjustment of the subwoofers in the room, using the NX Edit software of the Bheringer NX3000D.
There are no resonances or null points, the sound is homogeneous at any point in the room, all the sound "floats", and the feeling of listening "live" is wonderful! I am very happy to have invested time, effort and some money in this project.
The only adjustment I make is to raise the bass level if I listen in the far field. (On both channels, although the right sub always has a little more power due to its location.
So I was able to verify what I had read in various articles, when using stereo subwoofers the directionality of the low frequencies is audible, and that sealed systems are more convenient than BR because they "load" the room more "cleanly".
I think it is very likely that the irregular shape of the room influences the good result.
A big thank you to everyone who helped me in the first steps, especially freddi and GM. :worship:
Let me choose the photos and they will be in the next post.

beautifully build and arranged system. - - re: cannons, I searched - many recordings sound like a "22". Some years back, a late friend was passed out from drinking a bit too much. I decided to play the Telarc cannon recording on my Klipschorns. - He was about 10 feet away - and did not wake but it did destroy two CTS K33 woofers :)

1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky - Erich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops - with JGSDF 105mm Cannons 2010 - YouTube

Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, Op. 49 - TELARC Edition - WARNING! Digitally Recorded LIVE Cannons! - YouTube

btw - here's something you may like (?)

J.S. Bach on the Pedal Clavichord - Harald Vogel - YouTube

William Neil Roberts (harpsichord) Scott Joplin, Great Scott! Ragtime On The Harpsichord - YouTube

Last edited:
Some years back, a late friend was passed out from drinking a bit too much. I decided to play the Telarc cannon recording on my Klipschorns. - He was about 10 feet away - and did not wake but it did destroy two CTS K33 woofers :)

That must have been a lot of fun ....

I'm very sorry for your friend who left and for your speakers.

Here we say "Who takes away the danced"
And nostalgic people respond:
"I would like to continue dancing"

:nod: :drink:

Last edited:
Thanks BP1fanatic :)

I would need a good dedicated phono pre for MC (I have listened to the Ortofon MC20 for a long time - low output voltage, high with transformer) but I really think I will never indulge .....
You know why ?
Because since I have the music service "on demand" by streaming, I am less and less willing to get up from the couch .....
But, also, I'm not sure that the difference in the sound is much (I don't know if there is, and if I will be able to hear it), I pass everything (except phono) through the Dac Sónica Oppo and it is very natural, for example, the CDA goes through a very cheap transport, and goes to the ESAC3890 PRO 32-bit HyperStream DAC chip from ESS Technology. It is a pity that Oppo closed its entire audio line and is dedicated only to smartphones ...
The sound of it is much superior compared to the noble vintage Technics SPGL300 that I still have and use in another system .....
So the widespread opinion that vinyl is natural and bits artificial, well, I do not share, but I respect it, everyone with their opinion ...
Take care of Covid 19, it is a reality although many people consider it politics or religion .....:mad:

OPPO Sonica DAC.

Last edited:
beautifully build and arranged system. - - re: cannons, I searched - many recordings sound like a "22". Some years back, a late friend was passed out from drinking a bit too much. I decided to play the Telarc cannon recording on my Klipschorns. - He was about 10 feet away - and did not wake but it did destroy two CTS K33 woofers :)

1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky - Erich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops - with JGSDF 105mm Cannons 2010 - YouTube

Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, Op. 49 - TELARC Edition - WARNING! Digitally Recorded LIVE Cannons! - YouTube

btw - here's something you may like (?)

J.S. Bach on the Pedal Clavichord - Harald Vogel - YouTube

William Neil Roberts (harpsichord) Scott Joplin, Great Scott! Ragtime On The Harpsichord - YouTube

Very good links!

I prefer the sound of the few booms of the classic Telarc, - only at the end of Tchaikovsky's work - to the too many of the repeated modern artillery, it is another caliber, lower frequency range and also vintage!
(I think a "standart" needle / cartridge / tone arm couldn't reproduce this last shot without jumping out of the groove .....)

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_162818.jpg
    IMG_20201025_162818.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20201025_163130.jpg
    IMG_20201025_163130.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20201025_163220.jpg
    IMG_20201025_163220.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 86
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.