Smaller 4th-order bandpass subwoofer design help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you might have enough space (?) to put in one right (or maybe even two) angle elbow(s) for the inner 3"ID duct. An inner duct smaller than 3"Id could be used to shorten inner duct length but might compress a bit more. I think wheezing from the internal vent tends to get choked in by the front chamber.

A two inch diameter inner vent would be only 6 inches long and might be good enough within the levels you like and the xmax of that Dayton 8" speaker

look at the inner vent velocity at nominal 10 watts input - I think it would do OK (what do you folks think?)

you can see my "15.5 cm" type where it should have read "15.3"

PPGpDSk.jpg

Last edited:
To expedite the build, I think I can use a little Mirage Nano S8 subwoofer I had laying around. It already has a 75watt amplifier with a cabinet that is about .65 cu ft. net volume. I was thinking that I could just add the sealed portion of the bandpass enclosure to this box, add the small port tube between the enclosure cavities and then lengthen the existing port tube to the desired length outside the enclosure and into the room.

The existing port tube is 2" so if I was to keep it 2" diameter, what would that do to the length? Also, the smaller, internal port can be a single 2" or dual 2". I can't fit a 3" in there.

Is it possible to do a single or dual internal 2" ports? If so, what would those lengths need to be? Can I do a 2" external port, as well? If not, I can make it a 3", if needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.