Adding port to PR system for better bass?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I'm building a portable active speaker system, scale model of which is shown on the left. I have built it, it sounds quite good, but has not enough bass. However, if I turn it to me facing PR, There's huge amount of bass coming from the passive resonator, so having it on front would be a great idea, but due to design and available machinery issues, I can't move full range speakers to PR side. However, I have some clearance in horizontal dimensions, so can modify overall construction as shown on the right. Will it help?

Attachments

• ontheleft.jpg
    ontheleft.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 127
No, it will make it worse overall due to this new pipe's higher tuning plus port distortion due to being much smaller in area displacement than the PR's. Once stuffed with damping to quell the worst of it, there won't be much bass output left, maybe even < what it currently has.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.