Subwoofer for JBL XPL200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've got a pair of JBL XPL200, which sound great. But i think that the bass could be enhanced, either for music or for homecinema, they're currently cut at 35Hz.

Could you guide me in buiding my sub?
I still have done some researches, and here is what i came as of today:

- sealed box, seems the best for quality/build difficulty/match for music & HC

- 15" seems the most appropriate size for my room (or will a 2x12" sound be better? and what about build difficulty and sound setting?)

- speaker model, don't know, that's one of the point i'm looking for your advise, the Dayton products are not available in France or costly compare to USA, after there are so many models that i don't know where to go.

- enclosure, i would be very thankful if you come (or redirect me) with detail cuts and so on for this

- finishing: i would like to try to have the same finish as my JBL speakers: same as those but in much better condition JBL XPL 200 Four Way Speaker System With Wood Grain Finish Photo #1773398 - UK Audio Mart

- amplifier: the sub will be connected to my EMOTIVA XMC-1 and a Crown K1 (which is used right now for biamping the JBL) or an hyper power plate, or any advice on this with a budget max of 300€ for the amp.

- budget: 300-400€ max for the speaker.

- then, what would be the cut frequencies to set for the sub? do i even need to higher the lower frequenciy cut of my JB, today it's 35Hz.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.