Aldi table to design subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

this is not a high super audiophile audio build thing ... more of a small and fun project to build.

Bougth this little table with storage from a local Aldi shop in the sales corner as the box was in a bad shape. The table itself was in perfect condition ... payed 15 euro for it!

I still have lot's of speaker elements at home from older projects or things I recovered from broken stuff ... So I found myself a nice 25 cm bass driver. it's an older Phillips woofer no idea on exact specs, dates from I think the eighties.

1.jpg

making the case more solid in order to have less resonance

2.jpg

Damping

3.jpg

Chinese bananaplug from uncle ALI

4.jpg

Look underneath

It is a gift for a friend of mine, it's connected to a little class D amp with tone control (will post pictures on that build too!) and was kind of a challenge. She ... yes it is a she ... told me once that hi-fi is never "woman friendly" ... when I told her I could build a subwoofer that she would LOVE she said to me ... "impossible". So we made a deal ... if she liked it she could keep it :) :) it's 1 month now and it didn't return. When I handed it over she said to me ... "Damn I really like this !!!"

On point of performance ... it's ok to add some bass to her Sony 5.0 install, it's no party machine or boom boom boom thing ... just enough to add some balanced bass ;) currently it is filtered around 120 hertz

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.