Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiple Woofers in One Cabinet
Multiple Woofers in One Cabinet
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2018, 03:32 AM   #1
Wavewhipper is offline Wavewhipper  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Multiple Woofers in One Cabinet

Partly due to the size of cabinets needed for some Eminence bass guitar woofers, what would be wrong about multiple drivers sharing one ported cabinet ? And would the volume and port calculations not work for this ?
I am thinking of two 12" woofers in an approximate 6 cubic foot box with multiple round ports.
Old 7th February 2018, 04:37 AM   #2
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

We had this discussion a while ago.
dual boxes or one big box?
Old 7th February 2018, 11:11 PM   #3
norman bates is offline norman bates  United States
diyAudio Member

sure.

I use 2 x eminence 15lf woofers in a single cab (jbl 4508a I think).

I'd swear there is a bit of chesty-ness maybe due to the standing wave of the 39" cabinet height, but the ratios are close to 1 : 1.618 otherwise.

But............. the box becomes a bit heavy, and you lose the ability to have 2 subs that you can separate and move around the room to try to chase standing waves away.
Old 9th February 2018, 02:28 AM   #4
Wavewhipper is offline Wavewhipper  United States
diyAudio Member

I looked for a thread , didn't find it. Start a thread, you'll find it, thanks. Two 6.5 cf cabs for two Eminence BP122 12" LF woofers will be a problem. Still not big enough to fully extend the low end it can do, 35hz for a bass amp speaker is pretty low.

I don't know how big I need the cabinet, currently trying to dial it in with Boxsim. It's an analysis program not a design, as far as I see, have plenty of stuff going on and had to take this on too.

Multiple Woofers in One CabinetHide this!Advertise here!