Sourcing my 18" sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I'm in the UK and have been modeling building my own sub for ages.

Finally decided on an 18ich sealed. Sub and I'm using the tv cabinet (solid rose wood) as an enclosure. (stealth mode back firing towards wall)

This will give me around 140litre internal volume after taking account bracing and driver.

I had settled on a Stereo integrity Ht18 v2 or a dayton ho18. This is for music and movies 50 50.

Problem is. Getting hold of either in the UK. Can anyone suggest anywhere where I can request a wanted thread. (new to forums)

Or anyone know of drivers with similar characteristics that won't break the bank.

SI HT-18 are easy to import - assume the price in USD is the price in GBP and you're about right for end costs with shipping and VAT included, IIRC!

The bonus is that they are so much cheaper than other 18s in general, one can probably get two for the same price as a locally sourced alternative ;)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm sure you are all aware of the website data-bass. They tested all these drivers including the si ht18.

It seems it did a decent job for the price and does match its published specs(from memory).although I understand what you mean.

Thing is. Si have stopped making it. And it's difficult to get hold of. And if I can. It's the same price or more expensive than the alpine. Due to import charges.

On top of that I actually don't think the si18 is as good as the alpine swr1522d. So it looks like I have no option to buy the alpine for around 270. From Italy on a well known auction site.

Now. Low q sealed vs ported???? Xxxxxx decisions

Wow your a good man. Didn't see that.
best sub I have had in my system previously is the svs sb12+ which should hopefully be nothing compared to this 15 so I'm hoping I won't miss the output of going ported and I should go sealed. Especially as music is very important to me.

So your aware, I'm running an anthem Mrx700 av receiver with arc room correction and kef ls50 front LCR. So it should take care if integration.

I've always wanted some proper low end output without sacrificing music performance. Hopefully this will be the answer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.