Compound loading 6th order quarterwave "Super Planar" horns and pipes concepts/builds

Hi zig.
I've never checked, but i don't think it has that type of connectivity. Mine is like 9 years old.
It does have the rs 232 serial port for pc hookup and another port for master/slave.
You should be able to configure any of the input/ ouput channels with any eq/ x-over type you want as all the driverack models have 6 outputs like the dcx2496.

Last edited:
NOTE: We have been moving away from 4-way (and towards 3-way active, or even some having passive filtering in the top) with a lot of our more recent Paraflex rigs but If wanting to process a 4-way rig in stereo on a budget then the Bunker Audio Speaker Management DSP unit (8ch out DSP) could be a way to make that possible ........ I don't have any personal experience with the product but i have been told that it is great for the price:

Bunker Audio PowerDrive BPD-1 Plus

Last edited:
Handful of pics/vids from over the weekend with the two completed Type C cabs.

The sound is fantastic. I went hog wild with the measurement mic on top of a hill in Morro Bay last weekend. Frequency response is exactly what was advertised and it was really easy to EQ and integrate with the rest of the system. There was a big cancellation happening between the paraflex and the kick and once I added the right delay settings every kick drum felt like being jabbed in the sternum with a boxing glove when standing close to a stack. Excursion was under control all night even with huge bass drops that went very low. They are also surprisingly directional so when we pointed them towards a hill we were on instead of the valley below us it made a substantial difference.

Ziggurat,
So glad to hear that you are enjoying these Type "C" Classic Paraflex subs! :happy2: Thank You so much for the photos/video and the review/report :up::up::cheers:

Has there been any development on the 4x8 inch cab? I can't seem to find any additional postings showing plans or builds.

JohnnyJo,

We chose to revise the Paraflex top design with multiple 8s .... The version with four 8s vertical per cabinet doesn't bring our fundamental tuning into the optimal range but our most current Paraflex 2x8 is trap shaped and makes a great splayed array when used in multiples placed by side by side (the trap shape gives us a useful splay angle for increased horizontal coverage) .. . .... If you would prefer to create Line-Source arrays then be sure to have a look at our recent Paraflex 1x12 top plan update (released just recently) as it is an excellent choice for stacking multiples :) .

Gentlemen, there is an upcoming gathering in a few days on November 12th ... The location is a place called MotionLabs in Berlin ..... Many HOQS Paraflex cabinets will be featured there including various of our subwoofers & kicktops ..

https://www.facebook.com/events/424940612643183/

133465384-829477960959057-7906717541733615397-n.jpg

126029880-377691156818274-4432258711051285776-n.jpg

Rowhland-PFX-2x12-tops.jpg

PFX-2x12-and-GFC2-A121-renders-by-Ty-C-2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
yes scales very well, recently I build a top utilizing 2x 6" and one 1" driver on a waveguide, with good results, powerful output between 150-1500hz for this Little 6x drivers. did not have time to good outside measurement yet. but probably will do that the next couple of weeks
Would you mind sharing, i am looking to do the same?

I posted in the Facebook group as well.

Heck yes!

Ziggurat,

Looking good! :nod:

How would you describe the sound?

If the cabinet's upper response sounds a bit too resonant then you always have the option to stick a 2" thick square piece of open-cell acoustic foam on the panel at the back (closed-end) of the High-Tuned resonator section, and that will tighten things up for you :)

Matthew, I wanted to follow up on this suggestion of yours!

I haven't been able to build recently and have had limited time to throw parties because I'm a new dad--but we did notice that the cabs have a resonance somewhere and if I can fix it with acoustic foam than that's obvious low-hanging optimization fruit for the rig.

Where precisely would I want to glue (staple??) the foam? On the inner wall directly in the path of the driver? Here's an uggo ms paint illustration of what I'm thinking (foam would be in red); let me know if I'm on the right track (and if you can link to a foam product to buy, that would be clutch too):

paraflex.png

We're doing a block party with the rig tomorrow and we just wrapped a multi-day pool party for a friend's birthday last week.

B47DC70C-4149-4078-91F5-63E525EAAEF6.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Yes numerous people use them without the HF driver loaded in the same cab.

Perfect! Thanks for the prompt response.

From what I've read the 1x12 mid top can go up to 1300Hz with the B&C 12MH32 but should be crossed to about 800-1000Hz. Planning on crossing them at 900Hz. Thoughts? Would it be hurt to cross higher? Could save some cash on horn drivers if so.

I have 4 = 1x12s loaded with B&C 12FW76 using a separate cabinets for HF using PRV WG45-50 horn and PRV D3220Ti driver.
I have a passive crossover that crosses at 1800 and it sounds great - I only use this for simple setups.
For more complex setups I bypass the internal crossover and bi amp through PA2 crossing at 1000hz. It sounds much better - but only audio/sound junkies will notice.

Unfortunately I have no experience with the B&C 12MH32.

Attachments

• 4 1x12.jpg
    4 1x12.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 114
  • halfstack.jpg
    halfstack.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 120
  • mockup1.jpg
    mockup1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 2 users
I find the FB group almost impossible to navigate. It would only be a few days work to make a simple web page with all the designs and information about each design on it. Considering the amount of work put into the boxes it seems like a disservice not to do so.
You read my mind!! Is like a maze! :(

Actually looks like it was on purpose so you do not find the info ( phun intended )

But yeah kipp , i hope Mathew will pull the trigger and decide to get a website where the designs can be shown with the seriousness the paraflex designs deserve.

There is too much effort and man hours put in to the designs that is a shame they share the info in the FB cluttered obscure way of showing info.