Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Compound loading 6th order quarterwave "Super Planar" horns and pipes concepts/builds
Compound loading 6th order quarterwave "Super Planar" horns and pipes concepts/builds
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2021, 02:46 PM   #1241
Top Shelf is offline Top Shelf  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi zig.
I've never checked, but i don't think it has that type of connectivity. Mine is like 9 years old.
It does have the rs 232 serial port for pc hookup and another port for master/slave.
You should be able to configure any of the input/ ouput channels with any eq/ x-over type you want as all the driverack models have 6 outputs like the dcx2496.

Last edited by Top Shelf; 23rd June 2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:45 PM   #1242
Matthew Morgan J is offline Matthew Morgan J  United States
diyAudio Member

NOTE: We have been moving away from 4-way (and towards 3-way active, or even some having passive filtering in the top) with a lot of our more recent Paraflex rigs but If wanting to process a 4-way rig in stereo on a budget then the Bunker Audio Speaker Management DSP unit (8ch out DSP) could be a way to make that possible ........ I don't have any personal experience with the product but i have been told that it is great for the price:

Bunker Audio PowerDrive BPD-1 Plus

Last edited by Matthew Morgan J; 23rd June 2021 at 10:50 PM.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:53 PM   #1243
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigguratSound View Post
Handful of pics/vids from over the weekend with the two completed Type C cabs.

The sound is fantastic. I went hog wild with the measurement mic on top of a hill in Morro Bay last weekend. Frequency response is exactly what was advertised and it was really easy to EQ and integrate with the rest of the system. There was a big cancellation happening between the paraflex and the kick and once I added the right delay settings every kick drum felt like being jabbed in the sternum with a boxing glove when standing close to a stack. Excursion was under control all night even with huge bass drops that went very low. They are also surprisingly directional so when we pointed them towards a hill we were on instead of the valley below us it made a substantial difference.

Ziggurat,
So glad to hear that you are enjoying these Type "C" Classic Paraflex subs! Thank You so much for the photos/video and the review/report
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:11 PM   #1244
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjo View Post
Has there been any development on the 4x8 inch cab? I can't seem to find any additional postings showing plans or builds.

JohnnyJo,

We chose to revise the Paraflex top design with multiple 8s .... The version with four 8s vertical per cabinet doesn't bring our fundamental tuning into the optimal range but our most current Paraflex 2x8 is trap shaped and makes a great splayed array when used in multiples placed by side by side (the trap shape gives us a useful splay angle for increased horizontal coverage) .. . .... If you would prefer to create Line-Source arrays then be sure to have a look at our recent Paraflex 1x12 top plan update (released just recently) as it is an excellent choice for stacking multiples .
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:14 PM   #1245
diyAudio Member

Links to many plans, data, discussions and other useful goodies can be found here at The HOQS (Paraflex) "Guides"
Old 24th June 2021, 05:20 AM   #1246
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by resko1 View Post
Will do.

Matthew Morgan J has been a huge resource as the designer. And extremely helpful with questions as well. Awesome guy!
Resko,
It is a pleasure to work with you and I am looking forward to the future!
I sense that there may be more of your Wisconsin Paraflex projects in the pipeline .

Last edited by Matthew Morgan J; 24th June 2021 at 05:23 AM.
Old 24th June 2021, 07:26 PM   #1247
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

I like the space shuttle meme! Those guys got some madd stacks!

Compound loading 6th order quarterwave "Super Planar" horns and pipes concepts/buildsHide this!Advertise here!