Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ROAR18
ROAR18
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2018, 02:19 PM   #241
Mrscy is offline Mrscy
diyAudio Member

Brian Steele its version 0.3.

1. I see some horns have a slotted baffle, i.e rectangular opening where driver is mount instead of a normal round opening (Martin Audio WSX, Volvo Treter Mivoc 30Hz tapped horn, MarcO MicC-146 on this site) etc. Whats the effect of that?

2. Which amplifier do you recommend for running 2 x dual 15" (8ohm, 700W AES per driver) per channel? Any further advices?

Last edited by Mrscy; 28th August 2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 28th August 2018, 02:43 PM   #242
BesPav is offline BesPav  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrscy View Post
Which amplifier do you recommend for running 2 x dual 15" (8ohm, 700W AES per driver) per channel? Any further advices?

Try Sunway copy(clone) of the famous LabGruppen FP10000q or DSP’ed version.
Two channels for the pairs of paralleled drivers and two channels for tops. Or you can go mad and use it bridged.

Or put something like Powersoft Digimod 1500 inside subs and make them active (this will allow you to exclude long high-gauge wires to subs).
Old 7th September 2018, 11:09 PM   #243
maxolini is offline maxolini
diyAudio Member

does somebody knows any company that can offer CNC plywood cutting, i want to build some ROAR12 but im not good at wood cutting, i can assemble the pre cutted panels but not doing it from an 8x4 piece
Max.
Old 8th September 2018, 04:49 PM   #244
djeddie is offline djeddie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Maxolini... there are several companies that can do what you require, but it would probably be helpful if you said where in the world you are, that way people can give advice. If not, just Google it.
Old 17th September 2018, 03:32 PM   #245
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlomanen View Post
Attachment 622553

My Roar12 is comparable to a THAM15 in both max spl and usable frequency response.

Johannes
Johannes,
does somebody have a DXF plan of the ROAR12
i tried to contact martinsoon blogs
but the contact part of it its broken

I am terrible to wok wood
so need that somebody small shop cut the wood for me
i can assemble tough

CNC shops require the DXF file

i want to build a pair of ROAR12's
Thanks
Max.
Old 18th September 2018, 04:46 PM   #246
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddie View Post
Maxolini... there are several companies that can do what you require, but it would probably be helpful if you said where in the world you are, that way people can give advice. If not, just Google it.
Sorry i am in USA
Texas
Old 26th September 2018, 02:19 PM   #247
sgarfa is offline sgarfa  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default assimetrical version

hi, I was intrigued by the project, and despite the detractors I decided to use the idea to build my 2 subwoofer, to put under the TV at home, obviously i can not be width (they go into an apartment) .. so I decided to rotate the system, I know that but lacks the character of the roar ,the symmetrical woofer loading ... rather I worry about putting the woofer too close to the end of s3 ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ame casa.jpg (159.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg subcsa def-Model.jpg (94.2 KB, 177 views)
Old 27th September 2018, 09:00 AM   #248
martinsson is offline martinsson  Sweden
diyAudio Member

@Maxolini - sorry for not acting on this in time, the answer is unfortunatly no from our side regarding the DXF, all we have is what is posted on the blog. Normally a cnc-shop should be able to convert the drawings into what whatever format they need, and make any alterations in order to obtain the panel interfaces the need for assembly without impacts on the design.

I currently wait for my two ROAR15's to come out of a local cnc shop using only the drawings published on the blog, so far no problems, expected delivery is in early november, they will be loaded with B&C 15sw115's.

@sgarfa - cool! We conidered a not fully symetrical (angled) resonator initially, but in the end we went for a striaght one with split path seeing as that brought along additional benefits regarding the complete cabinet in the case of ROAR.
Old 27th September 2018, 09:27 AM   #249
sgarfa is offline sgarfa  Italy
diyAudio Member

@martinsso..hi.. thank you very much, the idea started from the post TPQWR on your blog... when I finish the project I will put the data...with estimates
Old 27th September 2018, 03:42 PM   #250
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarfa View Post
hi, I was intrigued by the project, and despite the detractors I decided to use the idea to build my 2 subwoofer, to put under the TV at home, obviously i can not be width (they go into an apartment) .. so I decided to rotate the system, I know that but lacks the character of the roar ,the symmetrical woofer loading ... rather I worry about putting the woofer too close to the end of s3 ..
If you are putting the enclosure under a TV, then why design a subwoofer with an F3 of 40hz

ROAR18Hide this!Advertise here!