iWoofer - subwoofer's control system IOS/Android

a) install Ti flash programmer software, choose the FW file.
b) plug to the USB SmartRF04EB hardware programmer, and tie it to the iWoofer PCB.
c) Press "Perform Action".

Wow awesome. I found SmartRF04EB on ebay. I did my mouser cart and found suitable components. All i need now is geber files from altium projet in post #24. Can someone knowing how to extract well gerbers can share them ? I'd like to send order to jlcpcb. I know, easy way would be to directly buy dayton's dsp-lf, but it's way less fun :).
Thanks,
Damien

Dear E1

When will the BUG submitted before be fixed?

Can the 2 In 2 OUT version be developed?

Can you add: slow start after power-on and mute function of hardware control? Because I found that there will be impact sound when power on and off.

I don't know, please ask Artyom app developer about it.
2in/out will not be developed, the same as "slow start" and other minor and easy solvable tings. We have to keep the same HW for our customer's compatibility.

I suppose new firmware are loaded via app via blutooth to dsp.
You already have 2 version of the app :).

It would be third version, more hifi/live/musician oriented with superbass (sub synth is more a effect for home cinema). I'm pretty sure there should be enough idea for a third version, 5-10 € each of course. And it should open iwoofer plateforme to product maker that seach to do as the soundblock 2 that uses this kind of effect.

Ok i'm joking/dreaming a bit :rolleyes:, it's yet enough awesome to have this project and all details presented here. If you've finished with this project, I understand. Working on this with Dayton and Earthquake (and i've found others on the web :eek:) surely make thing now less flexible.

Thanks a lot for sharing to diyaudio community !

Last edited:
iWoofer was designed as a cost-effective DSP with room corrector for subwoofers. "Superbass" is the feature intended for small speakers like tiny battery-powered Bluetooth speakers. Such speakers usually play from 100-200Hz i.e. entire iWoofer's weapons are 100.00% useless there. Hence, iWoofer needs "Superbass" the same as subwoofer may need FM radio, or a pencil sharpener function.

Few dB at lower corner cost a lot power/size/driver due to needed xmax to move air or box volume needed to increase efficiency. So psychoacoustic effect is welcome from 25 to 45 Hz where we usually have hard time choosing box/amp compromise. So generated 50 to 90 Hz h2 harmonics is here really welcome, and still in a bandpass that doesn't have issues with localisationand that can be output by a sub. It's classical as missing fondamental in 5 bass string played on high power cab that can't reproduct the 35hz of the low B but count on harmonics recognition. Of course it can be uses with small cheap system too in higher bandwith but that is not my point. Still, thank for taking time to answer.

PCB and component received :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_140118.jpg
    IMG_20200805_140118.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 230
I don't know, please ask Artyom app developer about it.
2in/out will not be developed, the same as "slow start" and other minor and easy solvable tings. We have to keep the same HW for our customer's compatibility.

Can you provide the contact information of Artyom developers? Thanks

------------
Delayed start, I used a relay + delay circuit to achieve, there is no power-on shock under any circumstances.

2In 2OUT, I made two iwoofer implementations on a PCB.
At the same time, I found that the output of ADAU1761 is balanced, so we use balanced amplifier circuit and XLR interface.

Maybe you are already working on a solution for this...I just haven't seen it yet. For android devices, could you program iwoofer to use something like a Dayton Audio iMM-6?

Iit looks like a great app and I'm very interested in the room correction feature, but I don't have (nor am I interested in buying) an i-device.

Thanks!

Hi all,
I tried to make iwoofer using 4.02v pcb
a) install Ti flash programmer software, choose the FW file.
b) plug to the USB SmartRF04EB hardware programmer, and tie it to the iWoofer PCB.
c) Press "Perform Action".
i was able to program the CC2540 using CCdebugger and Tiflash programmer and the firmware file from HW_package. but after that nothing happens. I cant see any bluetooth device on my mobile. led just blinks on poweron and then nothing.
what would be the problem.
i used a 2.7nH for L3 instead of 3nH. all other components are same as schematic.
Any help would be great !!
Thanks..

Attachments

• IMG_20230831_162552.jpg
    IMG_20230831_162552.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: