H frame subwoofer depth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have some problems understanding H-frame :eek:
I have 21" Pro audio woofer. I want to make h-frame with it, but I don't quite get how deep should frame be. I need it to cross at 110-120hz. I believe my only concern is to make it shallow enough, so it doesn't have unwanted pipe resonance too close to desired crossover, right?
But I don't quite get how distance is measured to determine resulting path lenght.
Which is correct way?
Is it Red
or Green
Or Green + Blue?
Or all of them wrong. Please help I am realy stuck with this :confused:

ebay image hosting free

H frame dimensions

Hello, I have some problems understanding H-frame :eek:
I have 21" Pro audio woofer. I want to make h-frame with it, but I don't quite get how deep should frame be. I need it to cross at 110-120hz. I believe my only concern is to make it shallow enough, so it doesn't have unwanted pipe resonance too close to desired crossover, right?
But I don't quite get how distance is measured to determine resulting path lenght.
Which is correct way?
Is it Red
or Green
Or Green + Blue?
Or all of them wrong. Please help I am realy stuck with this :confused:

ebay image hosting free

Hi there v: The width dimension you shown is 14" for your 21" driver, driver will not fit. The depth dimension of 9" per side of the H seems reasonable (18" total for a H frame). I tried shorter dimensions for the depth, however, ended up with 10" working, after extending experiments with cardboard. Have you considered a U frame (1/2 the total depth of a H frame? ...regards, Michael

Last edited:
Hi there v: The width dimension you shown is 14" for your 21" driver, driver will not fit.

It's just random drawing from google. I already built my frames. They are performing as expected :) Measurements show no peaks in pass band. Thanks for sugestions.

(may need to click on image to see non distorted image)

how to upload a photo on fb

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.