stuffing a ported box and its effect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello every body,
I am really confused regarding the box volume and the effects that stuffing it has on it .
For a sealed box, stuffing can effectively increase the box volume by 20-25% but is the same true for ported boxes also ? So if that's the case say i have a have subwoofer box modeled in winisd at 90L with a tuning frequency of 25hz and -3db at 24-25hz, so can i effectively use a box 20% smaller than the computed volume and make up for it by stuffing, keeping the port length same as it was for 90L box .
All this confusion started after i read the this website.

vent tuning

Here it stated that the port length needs to 0.6 time the calculated value with stuffing , so if that's true the converse must also be true that i keep the box size smaller and compensate it by stuffing.
I also have a doubt about group delay , i have read it many times that minimal group delay ideal but with ported boxes group delay increases substantially , so what is the max group delay i can have without effecting sound quality.

regards

thanks , so stuffing does increase the box volume by 25-30% thats great news for me , now coming to the port size should i consider the actual box volume + 30% that the stuffing gets me , or should i consider the actual box volume only ???
Use the virtual volume for calculating the port.
So if your box is say 70 litres plus 20 litres with stuffing use 90 litres volume to calculate the port.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.