Need help matching/integrating a subwoofer..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pre:Geting bigger speakers isn't an option(road to maddness aparently is the only way).

I`m Looking to add a subwoofer(for music)to my existing speakers(i`ll build it) but i dont have much experience how should i tackle the problem in order for them to be well integrated/in phase.
Whats more important:
1.Similar T/S parameters(Qts?).
2.Should i buy/use miniDSP?
3.If so is there a simplery way?Are variable phase controls enough?Do i need a parametric EQ?(anyone know a subwoofer preamp circuit that would have variable phase controls and EQ? or separate circuits i could integrate?).
Thanks in adavance.

it would depend on what your trying to intergrate.
narrow down your choice of sub's to a few or one then sort out the how.
depending on the design of the sub it's performance/operational parameters may need more or less attention to details to make it co-exist with what you already have.

I`ve narrowed it down to 2 drivers scanspeak 26w/8534g00 or SB Acoustics SB23MFCL45-8.Unfortunately i do not have the luxury(space) of place more than one sub as an added note i have to place it either to the side and close to the listening position(or i could try to find a driver that would work well in a smaller box and integrate it inside my media cabinet(hard wood TV stand - could fit a 2.2ft3 box in one of the drawer spaces).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.