Subwoofer cone bent slightly around the edges

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found an alternative solution.
I disabled jack detection in windows and got a virtual audio cable software. to play the same music out of headphone and rear audio output at the same time.

and so I have a seperate stereo amp playing the satellite speakers.
and the subwoofer playing by itself without powering the satellite speakers.

Now I cant hear any hiss at all in this setup! Works great although annoying that I have to do it this weird software-wise way.

I can adjust the amp and speakers volume individually which is nice

you dont understand i'm using a separate amplifier instead of the one built into the subwoofer to power the satellite speakers?
it solved the hiss problem coming from the speakers (the subwoofer doesnt have any hiss sound so its fine) by using a seperate amp/stereo to power the satellites seperately from the subwoofer's built in amp

I still dont know how to fix the subwoofer bent cone problem.. its slightly mushed around the edges just a quarter inch past the edge of the surround. as if someone grabbed the voice coil and shoved the speaker too far outwards causing the cone to fold inwards

its not too bad but i can definitally see it.. should I just replace the sub or just forget about it and keep it the way it is?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.