Subwoofer cone bent slightly around the edges

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope its soldered directly onto the board. it is on a seperate PCB vertically from the main PCB
Only way to remove it is desoldering it. which would not be easily. there is long pegs inside plastic shafts to strengthen it and prevent it from being desoldered without melting the plastic shaft that keeps all the metal pegs in place.

And that heatsink looks almost exactly the same as the ones on mine. except mine are spread out a bit more in a flat position rather than vertical.

You can't figure out which one they are, the pins from the Bluetooth to the board, just cut a jack cable solder or hold it with your hand on the gnd ( the wire around the two little wires in the cable, and with the other wire touch the pins of the Bluetooth board that go onto the sub board

I was thinking of eliminating the bluetooth module completely bypassing it desoldering it and manually probing the IC's for the left+right channel inputs and soldering 3.5mm jack in series with resistors in series with the IC and the left+right channels of the 3.5mm jack cable.

but i'm not sure i'd be able to desolder the bluetooth PCB module. it'd be very difficult because of how many pins its soldered in by.. At least 10 pins in a straight line!

I have a multimeter so I can check resistance and voltage and stuff.

Here

Attachments

• tea2025_app.png
    tea2025_app.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 47
it might be very difficult to find the mark. but i might be able to make out some other parts of it.

"You cant just put the jack on the ic, only wau is to find out wich one of the pins on the Bluetooth are the inputs of the ic, than remove the Bluetooth and solder the jack"

thats what I meant. actually..

If there's also so much problemos with the amp in it, what about getting a small ebay 2.1 amp, and changing the resistor and cap on the amp board so the gain is really low?

It could fix the hiss, hum, and allows you to control the volume of the device itself. Perhaps just patching up the hole where the amp is would be able to do it ya? :L

I think it would be more fun soldering some wires and resistors to a 3.5mm cable bridging back to the "aux in" with some insulated wires hot glued in place and soldered.
bypassing the bluetooth module.
If I really felt like it i could just snip all the leads off the bluetooth module completely.

the actual IC chips dont have much static at all. when the bluetooth module is in standby mode and I brush my fingers across the input leads to the IC's. i hear a loud bzuz when my finger hits the input leads but its silent when the bluetooth module is in standby mode. no static from the chip itself. its just coupled poorly with too high of gain from the bluetooth reciever module

Yes I can input into aux with bluetooth off.
There is no way to disable bluetooth mode. Its always on whenever the power cable is plugged in just switches its mode to "always on bypass through aux in" which causes the bluetooth module to route the aux in signal THROUGH the bluetooth module before passing into the chip. causing the static.

As far as I can see all grounds are at ground potential. the bluetooth module might be connected with straight wires and no resistors to the IC chip amp. causing too much gain and hissing/fuzz when its active.

Its not a buzz or static. more like a constant soft hiss/fuzz but quite noticable when my room is quiet with the AC off.

The hiss is constant in AUX IN mode. because bluetooths "standby" mode is always off

when in bluetooth mode. the hiss is intermittent. only audible when playing quiet music and it stops shortly after audio stops playing about 1/2 or 1/3 of a second afterward

but in AUX-IN mode the hiss is constant regardless of input volume or whether anything is being played or not

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.