U-baffle H-baffle W, N baffle Ripole etc..: which works the best close to the wall??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I would like to build two ripole, or two H-pole by using one or two Eminence 15'' woofer per buffle

My problem is that I can collocate them (the idea is two buffles) only close to the wall, or worst, in a corner. So I'm asking which is the best small open buffle construction that works the best close to the wall or in a corner.

They must be hight max 50 cm, too.. :( as I have a wife... ;)

I would like to cut them at around 60Hz, because above I have already my loudspeakers, which I would like to reinforce just at 25-50Hz.

Close to a wall, i would say asimple baffle without Ri|U|H...
Much better and probably easier would be a sealed woofer or a corner-horn :)
It's more or less a table in the corner for putting some plants or nice decoration stuff ;D

Here a page from a german guy who created a simple corner solution: eckhorn.html

close to a side-wall but 1 meter to backwall is not an issue. But 25 Hz with just one 15" will be an issue, unless you don't play very loud.

If you must place speaker in corner or very close to back-wall then OB is not a good typology. As suggested already - try a closed box in cornerplacement, and use some eq to get a good flat frequency from 25 - 50 Hz.

I have small OB box in U baffle, and they have to be at least 1 meter from back-wall if you measure from the front of the speaker. If I listen more serious I will move them even more out in the room.

Its possible, but you're gonna need a good 15".
I used Beyma 15P1200Nd open baffle (one per side) for a short while, and 30mm p/p travel happened fairly often, though it was louder than I'd normally listen.

Chris

Beyma 15P1200Nd - Xmax is 9,5 mm = 19 mm p/p linear, but it does have impressive 52 mm X damage. Fs is quite high.

I will use two (I have only tested one at the moment) Gladen RS15FA. I am quite amazed with the quality of these drivers and the price is fairly low - around 190 €. It has very long linear travel (30 mm p/p), and very low mechanical noise even with long travel.

yes but Ygg-it needs to know that you need at lot of power then (and DSP). In open baffle the frequency drops with 18 dB/oct below Fs (as far as I rememeber) . Down to Fs it will only be 6 dB./oct.

If you have a lot of power, then you can use almost any solid woofer with high Xmax. If you don't have lot of power you will need high Q woofer and preferable low Fs and high Vas. High Qt is easy - any cheap woofer will do that, but finding a quality woofer with high Qt, low Fs and high Vas can be a little hard. But, you need less power and correction for low Fs can be done with passive filter.

Just some of my rule of thumbs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.