25Hz for $25!! Dayton 299-114 1301469W

Mike thanks for your observations and recommendation.
Honestly I don't believe this is working this well either, and not having problems with, SPL, distortion or mechanical throw.
Case in point, we watched Magnificent Seven the other day (DTS) and when the army of mercenaries rode in the room was shaking. The bass is remarkably quick and tight.

Group Delay; I guess that is worth investigating, although the crossover is set to 60hz. I would be interested in experimenting with a sealed box, maybe a 10" Creative Sound woofer (whatever size box they recommend).

Update on the 6 woofer 6,000 cubic inch box; almost completed and keeping my fingers crossed!!

The Beast!
Tuning is a little low, 25ish, maybe the woofers will loosen up over time.
116.JPG

The preliminary impression is good, digs deep, sound natural. btw, I did toss in a big ball of light fill.
Now just thinking about a small modification for a re-design.
Small triangles in the lower corners would work well - yes?
They could be equivalent to 3" round, that would save a little size/weight?

Attachments

• IMG_3520.JPG
    IMG_3520.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 191
Triple Speaker Tunnel?

New Name for above: "The V6" :D

This mini woofer seem to work well in Iso configuration, and have been pondering what is involved with a triple speaker tunnel.
The wood working would be easy enough with wood rings, gaskets, counter-sunk holes and extra long screws, but wouldn't know where to start with a box size, port, etc.

I don't know any box programs where 3 speakers "in-line" can be calculated, but maybe a few of the parameters can be changed and modeled as a single driver?

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!

Specifications:
*Power handling: 80 watts RMS/160 watts max
*VCdia: 1-1/2"
*Le: 1.61 mH
*Impedance: 4 ohms
*Re: 3.25 ohms
*Frequency response: 35-2,000 Hz
*Fs: 38 Hz *SPL: 83.5 dB 1W/1m
*Vas: 0.55 cu. ft.
*Qms: 6.74
*Qes: 0.64
*Qts: 0.59
*Xmax: 4.5 mm
*OD: 6-1/2"

Holy Cow...Thank you! I was running out of ideas and found couldn't find any examples of a triple tunnel on google search images.
Also thanks for the sealed box suggestion and curious why WinIsd defaulted to vented when the qts is over .45.

6 drivers seems to hit the mark and the impedance ends up at 5ohm: 3 in series, than parallel connected. Using one SA1000 amp, btw.

Three 4' x 8's sheets on standby and plenty of the mini speakers, where to start....

Ok should have started this project here:
Sealed or Ported Speaker Box Enclosure Calculator
The calculator recommended either, so went ahead an trimmed up the single Iso box by cutting the vent off. Next found a 12" x 12" x 9" cardboard box and filled it with shipping peanuts, then transferred the .75cf of peanuts around the speaker/tunnel and proceeded with cutting/modification.
Stuffed it with fill and tested it.

Again, the mini woofers really pour out some nice clear bass and plenty of thunder. I kept turning it up, although eventually the rear speaker dust cap hit the back of the front speaker (no damage).

Worth pursuing a multi speaker sealed box, 3 or 4 pairs of iso woofers.
Although, I may need more shipping peanuts for a 3.0 cubic foot box :eek:

One last hurrah, 6 woofers in a 2.64ft3 sealed box.
Although attaching front baffle last with screws so it can be replaced with woofers bolted face-to-face/clam shell.
FYI, the front woofers can simply be tuned around on all the boxes (empty 3" tunnel).

Total SD? thinking 6 - 6.5" woofers at 33 cubic inches equals 198CI which is approximately a 15" woofer.

Edit: adding pic of the box from the OP with mods.

Attachments

• 3spsealed.JPG
    3spsealed.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG (2).JPG
    IMG (2).JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Dougie,
Not cubic inches, square inches. Of the surface area of 6 woofers, only the three outer woofers figured in when used isobaric, so divide by 2.

Don't build the triple stack, waste of time. :)

@pico,
Warned him about that, doesn't hurt to say it again ;)

WARNING WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!! :D

Oh thanks for clearing that up, approx. 100 square inches then.
Not using the stop-light looking manifold either, saving it for another day. However, want finish the sealed box with 6 woofers bolted clam-shell, the front baffle will be bolted on also.

Using the V6 Speaker Wheel box in the setup now; craziest thing I ever heard, also wanted to mention that it sounded great on the test bench with a generator sweep test.

Nevertheless... on to bigger and better projects, ordered a high performance woofer; there are plenty of build examples on the web and here on DIY using this deep throw 12" woofer.

I do hope Odougbo's V6 Speaker Wheel doesn't outshine the new HP driver build!!

The Beast!
View attachment 592500

The Beast!
View attachment 592500
It's a monster! Never did set it up until today, it sat in the shop on a dolly for 4 years. I wanted to check out a 80's receiver that has a in/out bridge on the back; I just replaced the bridge with RCAs to a small plate sub amp. The receiver also has a subsonic filter, which is on.
Getting plenty of low-end extension and sounds like live music.

*Temporary -- Wife is letting me use her room for a few days, not like we're getting visitors these days.

triple.png