LFE for HT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Crazy Woofer

Still working on the tower, but haven't given up on the 4 - 7" drivers in a pair of boxes (for LFE).
The processor company did send a file back for uploading, with their adjustments.
Amazing sound really -- The bass is tight/defined and turned the family room into a bass shaking, smoke filled, cigarette bar like sound.
The old stereo AB amp (bridged) never sounded better!

One more go at cool sub-woofer or just going to go buy one on sale somewhere - ugh.
Pulled the Type R out of the black ported box -- never tried it in a sealed box and happen to have a box the correct size 2.63ft3 (2.5ft3 suggested by WinIsd). [specs 2nd screen-shot]

I read where some folks don't use any fill in a Sealed Box for sub-woofers.
Any suggestions about damping fill for the Alpine 10" in the sealed box?

btw, ordered a 45lb 12" SubDuction woofer, no box so far and pondering what box would be ideal for LFE. I think there are a couple of builds right here on DIY.

Attachments

• 3555.JPG
    3555.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Alpine 1042D.jpg
    Alpine 1042D.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Results from the sealed box test were good.
Much better than it ever sounded in the smaller ported box shown back on post 9.
Thinking now I just got off to a bad start when I bought the Alpine 10+ years ago.
Damping: slipped in 4" of light fill, about the same size as the back of the box.
Happy that the power amp has a couple of eq settings, sounds best with a 25hz boost.

On to the SubDuction woofer, thinking it will fit in the old vented Alpine box if I seal the port. That will be a 100lb cube I bet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.