flex seal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
out of curiosity I tried 3m spray sealer on my last subwoofer build, it worked out really well and was less of a pain than silicone. the only downside is lots of sanding to get it ready for paint. the short term road test (driver joke) gives positive results for an alternate sealing method.

Relic1Golf,

Funny you mention flex-seal - I used the black spray to cover my large wood midrange horn ( 26" diameter) with several coats. It is very durable, nice looking and I think it makes a good damping compound as well as a leak sealer.

If I were making some super speaker/subwoofer system I would used the fairly new 100 percent silicone roof coating, you apply with a roller or brush. Although it is fairly expensive it seems ideal for coating the inside of a speaker enclosure for damping and closing any air leaks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.