Go Back   Home > Forums > >

flex seal
flex seal
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th August 2015, 10:06 PM   #1
Relic1Golf is offline Relic1Golf  United States
diyAudio Member

Default flex seal

out of curiosity I tried 3m spray sealer on my last subwoofer build, it worked out really well and was less of a pain than silicone. the only downside is lots of sanding to get it ready for paint. the short term road test (driver joke) gives positive results for an alternate sealing method.
Old 21st August 2015, 01:50 AM   #2
hottattoo is offline hottattoo  United States
diyAudio Member

Relic1Golf,

Funny you mention flex-seal - I used the black spray to cover my large wood midrange horn ( 26" diameter) with several coats. It is very durable, nice looking and I think it makes a good damping compound as well as a leak sealer.

If I were making some super speaker/subwoofer system I would used the fairly new 100 percent silicone roof coating, you apply with a roller or brush. Although it is fairly expensive it seems ideal for coating the inside of a speaker enclosure for damping and closing any air leaks.
  Reply to this post

flex sealHide this!Advertise here!