SUBWOOFER TO COMPLETE my SYSTEM ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
currently features 4 hd-215 and 6 copies of TSE-111 Turbosound.

I need to supplement my system with a subwoofer, probe with 6 T-48 Bill and the outcome is unsatisfactory, for the moment I have 20 Kapa Lite 3015LF.

Also buy 5 copies subwoofer EAW-SB1000, without horns, they have to buy the 18W1400 and could be a project later, but for now I want to take all speakers Eminence Kapa Lite 3015lf that I have and let me know if you think the SS115 of JBell can complete my system.

Has anyone been able to buy the SS115 against Yorkville LS1208 or against Cerwin Vega L36.

Or they better do more and get HD-215 speakers for copies of SB1000.

Most of my events are outdoors where many sound pressure is required.

Thanks

In fact there would be no problem if the subwoofer is bigger and heavier, or if 2 or more speakers, as the XLT-415 Community.

And as for the music is very varied, but many afroantilla music works as Salsa, Cumbia, Guaracha Cuban, Mexican music and bands Sinaloenses, northern, Mariachi, and rarely some Psycho trance.

What I really want is that I can guide their experiences with different subwoofers in which they can get you the most out of the Eminence 3015LF Kappa Lite, because with 6 T48 I built is not satisfied, and the problem is that I too 3015LF and want to use them.

I reiterate that no matter if the subwoofer is 1, 2 or 4 speakers, if it is large and heavy.

Greetings.

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't like the sound of 6 T-48s. You can say a lot of negative things about Bill's FLH subs in small numbers, but when you start making walls of them they're in their element and you start seeing a really good sensitivity flattening down lower and lower.

Can you describe what you didn't like about their sound? Was it not loud enough for the pack space, or is pack space no issue? Did you try eqing the kick frequencies down a bit? Did you make sure they're thoroughly leakproof? A little air leak can ruin their performance.

Not POUNCH....

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't like the sound of 6 T-48s. You can say a lot of negative things about Bill's FLH subs in small numbers, but when you start making walls of them they're in their element and you start seeing a really good sensitivity flattening down lower and lower.

Can you describe what you didn't like about their sound? Was it not loud enough for the pack space, or is pack space no issue? Did you try eqing the kick frequencies down a bit? Did you make sure they're thoroughly leakproof? A little air leak can ruin their performance.

I have had different subwoofers of 18 inches and the T48 did not feel that power the subwoofer is true that the T48 is very loud but with a very dry sound, but you equalize could never get that feeling of Pounch not how to explain .

And I hope the SS15 me that feeling of Pounch and that the subwoofer is more colorful as it were.:(

The idea is:
SS15 ------- 35Hz-90Hz ??
90Hz-250Hz HD215 ----- because I have four-HD215 Loaded
TSE-111 --- 250Hz-18KHz, I have 6 loaded with Beta10 and 2002 driver

And probe the T48 and sounds lifeless subwoofer, with a copy of SB1000 is heard a little better but I need to buy 18W1400, and as I mentioned, I have enough Eminence 3015LF, and I want to take advantage of them, actually keeps time copies of EAW SB1000.

And neither I will do with the 6 T48

I think it's possible that you like the sound of ported enclosures. They have a high amount of distortion, which is quite often that wet punchy sound that you're disappointed to not hear in BFM's horns. Just because it's distortion doesn't mean that some people don't like the way that sounds.

Twenty 3015lfs is a lot of drivers. I don't know how big the shows you're trying to do are, but you could probably build some simple double 15 ported or SB1001 inspired horn-port enclosures and make a hell of a noise even with the lower sensitivity. I'm afraid SS15s won't be what you're looking for because they will not run down to 35hz. You have to high pass at 40hz, but you're only making a lot of noise above 50. Plus they're a bit mushy on transients. You'll lose out on the sharp kicks.

djk, 3 or 4 Tapped Horn SS15, would do the work of one SB1000? Currently I have 5 copies of SB1000, 2 speakers buy them with 4 speakers BlackWidow 1801-BW, and good shall begin to buy 18w1400 to fill the SB1000, did 6 T48 event indoors, and well could make 2 SS15 and test totally not I want to stay at 1 meter from Oro.

Greetings and thank you very much they are given time to respond.

The graphs I posted are not for the SS15, but a different, bigger design that goes lower.

The SB1000 with the correct drivers are just OK, nothing special.

You claimed to have 20 Eminence 3015LF, and needed 35hz, so I put up graphs for a TH that would do what you needed it to do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.