OTH40C 15" loaded Compact TH Flat to 40hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, fired it up for the first time.

need to deal with an airleak at the 90 degree handle (its not caulked yet cause I need to round that corner over still), but it BUMPS thus far. measurments forthcoming later this week.

The suspension on the faital does seem to start getting noisy after about 15mm p2p (roughly, maybe a tad more than that).

I'm hoping that fixing all the airleaks will help with excursion control a bit.

Last edited:
well, everything was finished up yesterday (minus some small details) and delivered to the client for his first show last night (small house, room dimensions 20 x 30). final result was 7 broken lightbulbs and 3 light fixtures falling out of the ceiling, so a success imo.

I've since picked them back up for a more rigorous testing regiment... maybe I'll finally get measurements now that the stupid deadline isnt looming over my head.

heres some misc pics from the final days of building (busted the second cab out with the quickness once I had build order down).

Attachments

• photo (24).JPG
    photo (24).JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 892
  • photo (25).JPG
    photo (25).JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 867
  • photo (23).JPG
    photo (23).JPG
    320 KB · Views: 855
  • photo (22).JPG
    photo (22).JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 842
  • photo (21).JPG
    photo (21).JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 831
Surprisingly, not at all. I didnt have a chance to fire em up before drivig 200 miles to the gig they played last night (caulkfor handles/jack plate still drying). Got to the gig, accidentally had one of the subs wired to 2+/2-, so i rewired, fired it up, only rattles were coming from the house shaking. More extensive tests forthcoming

when I was saying bent, I meant just bending 90s on the edges. I bent 90s on 3 edges, 135 on the fourth edge) with a metal brake, then double sided taped some plywood sandwhich boards to the inside edge, drilled pilot holes, and sunk drywall screws into them to "clamp" them to the inside of the mouth.

I tride 4 meters, 3 meters, 2 meters and like 1 foot.

I was also getting really low input levels with the mic.

the speakers were moved to the middle of the parking lot when I was trying to run measurements. I moved them over to the side to play music so they wouldnt get hit by cars.... lol

Last edited:
some final notes.

at high power (almost tickling clip lights on an xti 2 4k, there is some minor panel flex (about 1 to 2 mm, barely noticable). I could have used another brace or 2 on the rear panel.

I'm going to rework the grill mounting brackets so there is a solid pice extending vertically in the horn mouth to help stabalize the bottom panel (which also displays slight vibration with heavy bass). The grill moves about 4mm p2p when I hit it with high level sines in the 40hz range, so this vertical brace should help stabalize this as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.