Martinsson's TPAM10HTL subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Having built a couple of full range speakers I thought it'd be great to try to build a sub. After some research I found Martinsson's blog and the TPAM10HTL using B&C 10NW64 driver, which was great looking and met my dimension requirements.
Regarding the power amp, I'm building an Elliot Sound Products' p68 300W amp.
I almost finished building the cabinet but this is my first subwoofer and several questions arise.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'll be using a 24dB/Octave 2 way Linkwitz-Riley Crossover ( Elliot Sound Poducts p09 ) and would like to pair the sub with a pair of diy plywood Cornu spiral horns using Fostex Fe108ez drivers I built sometime ago:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...ilding-cornu-spiral-horn-now-you-can-108.html

Could you recommend a good crossover frequency for such a system? I'd like to use both the low and the high pass filter, so the Cornus won't be receiving the full frequency range. To be honest, I don't even know where to start to get the right frequency crossover point! :shy:

On the other hand, do you think this cabinet design needs damping of any kind?

Thank you very much!!!
Cheers,
Fran

Stated on the blog is a granted range of ~25 to ~90 Hz.

Here's a link to a buildpage (in swedish) the drviver used in this example is the Seas design D1004-04 L26RO4Y :

Faktiskt.Se • Visa tråd - TPAM10 hjälp med elementval

tpam10htl-frekvensgang.jpg

The response is characteristic of the design, and the driver will not alter the useful response all that much, i think, but without guarantee, that your B&C will preform better to similar to what can be seen in the graph above.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.