10" Tapped horn Sub plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a TL design for a 55-2981. I don't have the plans on this computer but its a pretty small box... well I'm used to building 21" enclosures or dual 18"s. I have some pictures though:

This is the sub, max power:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Insides:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is stacked this way because I was gluing the side on:

I did a TL design for a 55-2981. I don't have the plans on this computer but its a pretty small box... well I'm used to building 21" enclosures or dual 18"s. I have some pictures though:

This is the sub, max power:

Insides:

This is stacked this way because I was gluing the side on:

Is there any way you can provide the dimension (cut sheet, whatever information you have) on this?

I have been wanting to try a tapped horn like this, and for the price of the driver - its worth the price of admission.

Thanks.

I'm interested in one of those, too. Would it also be possible to get the Hornresp inputs?

A 12" version with a bit more output and similar extension would be perfect

Cheers
Chris

PS - are you sure that's a TH?

That's not a TH. It's a TL. Close, but not the same.

Interesting choice to rear-mount the driver. How do you get it out of the box?

Hi,

Is 20 Hz low enough in a ~ 70 L box?

b:)

Attachments

• AV10H-D2.JPG
    AV10H-D2.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 420
Thanks Bjorno, that awesome!!.

The driver I have is a little different to the one you have used. Mine is a single 8 ohm vs the dual 4 Ohm you have used, will that make a difference?

I had a lot of trouble with the bump at 30hz, still a lot to learn.

Any hints on how to fold it?

Thanks Bjorno, that awesome!!.

The driver I have is a little different to the one you have used. Mine is a single 8 ohm vs the dual 4 Ohm you have used, will that make a difference?

I had a lot of trouble with the bump at 30hz, still a lot to learn.

Any hints on how to fold it?

Hi Beau,

I believe my T/S are correctly entered in HR ( I only changed Qms by taking a calculated value from Qts and Qes= a precaution consistency calculation).. but if you have an 8 Ohm variant, then BL must be doubled and Qes= Qes/2

b:)

If the Driver I've used is a dual 4 Ohm..then my T/S could also be wrong but I blame you :D ;) who supported the Driver data.

Folding examples:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...k-25w-8565-01-any-good-ideas.html#post3651001

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.