help with my 19 cubic foot box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am making a sub woofer box for my next project and i am using a
"dayton 18 inch classic subwoofer"
(Dayton Audio DCS450-4 18" Classic Subwoofer 4 Ohm 295-475)

i have used bass box pro to calculate the best box size for a extended frequency down to 21hz 118 decibels loud

but what i need to know is if it will work?

i have attached the bass box calculations (please rename the ending from ".asc" to ".bb6" so you can open it

cheers for any help :)

Attachments

• 18 inch dayton classic.asc
    3.3 KB · Views: 48
It will work as in, you'll get the frequency response out of it, but I'd bet that it won't handle all that much power in the 30-50hz range where most bass lives. Post a screen shot of the excursion graph....
Xmech will be up from >15Hz by tuning to high?, up from 20Hz. I would double check, before final design or use some effective protection for LF, at around max. excursion/power 275/300 W@4 Ohms.

Xmech will be up from >15Hz by tuning to high?, up from 20Hz. I would double check, before final design or use some effective protection for LF, at around max. excursion/power 275/300 W@4 Ohms.

I don't understand what you mean. "Xmech" is usually understood to be the maximum excursion before physical damage, is not a value that changes....so I'm confused at what you're getting at.....:confused:

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Nineteen cubic feet !!

Too bad you already bought the 18 inch "classic".

With an enclosure that HUGE, you could have put TWO of the 18inch
reference series RSS460HO-4

AND... do a reaction-cancelling mounting technique, that would be a SUB !!

p.s. I'll let the math guys do the alignment, but a quick glance at the specs tells me 19 ft^3 is still a tad bit too big even for a PAIR of the RSS 18's !

As soon as PE released this monster driver, I wanted it, even though I don't really need it !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.