Opinion on Faital Pro drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Excellent drivers, look at ZivkoF TH-1819 thread I have not build the subs yet but plan is to use the cheaper 18FH500 instead of the XL1500 now XL1600 in their catalog. Massively build quality and reasonably priced instead of the B&C 18Sound RCF neo prices.

I am still working on tops for the TH1819 which is another site Omega Horn!

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
caution with the Faital 18HF500
it can go really deep in BR
might be too depp for tougher use
notice the HF woofers have smaller 3" voice coil
the new 18HF510 have lower Qts and might have 'tighter control'
weighs a bit more though
but isn't the box the heavier part anyway ?

lightweight ? I think Faital have a few other nice woofers that will work in a smaller box= lighter

caution with the Faital 18HF500
it can go really deep in BR
might be too depp for tougher use
notice the HF woofers have smaller 3" voice coil
the new 18HF510 have lower Qts and might have 'tighter control'
weighs a bit more though
but isn't the box the heavier part anyway ?

lightweight ? I think Faital have a few other nice woofers that will work in a smaller box= lighter

What do you mean by "deep"? (motor has a hard time controlling cone?)

Impedance is a bit difficult to read due to the 180 ohms scale. A 50 ohms scale would be easier.

The dip between the peaks at 15 and 60 Hz suggests a tuning of 30 Hz and the impedance minima are at about 6 ohms. That's completely normal for a woofer in a vented box (or similar) tuned for hi-fi use. There is not much more to say about the impedance graph.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.