Dual opposed sealed or two seperate sealed subs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking to get some TC LMS-R 15 drivers and was looking at sealed as two super art cabs or a single dual opposed one. I was also considering a pr but think it woul be fun to have some usable output Dow to 10hz for a change.

The main draw to having two separate subs is to try and even the response out a bit more throughout my room.

I just don't know if the dual opposed woul be worth it unless I was 100% sure I was going to be able to add another one later down the road. And I'm not....and I can always Renuild if that is the case.

The only other option is a PR and of course there is the higher SPL to be had there with losing a little in the lower end but that rout costs a little more than just getting two lms-r which should yield enough spl for movies.....please correct me if I am wrong....

Anyways, what would be the best route? Also the external deminsions will be 16" by 18" by 19" for where it has to fit as two desperate sealed subs

Thanks for the input, that is what I was thinking as well, fill the room better with bass.

My main concern is the amount of SPL I will achieve. I would like to have close to 110 at 20hz. Of course I dont HAVE to have that, but I know that is a good level to have for those big explosions/plane/train crash scenes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.