Compact Dayton Titanic 15" Offset Horn Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been playing with Hornresp modeling compact offset bass horns for HT use. Design parameters are a sub that goes to about 120dB from 20-150hz in as compact a space as possible - I have a 22" max width restriction. I'm planning on building two subs to be placed in the front room corners and external proamps plus MiniDSP equalization would be utilized.

After modeling several different 15" drivers, the Dayton 15" Titanic seems to produce the most dBs and the smoothest frequency response for very small enclosures. Attached is a Hornresp design I ended up with and a preliminary layout, which ended up being about 2.5'x2.5'x2'. I've designed and built several different types of speakers before, however, I've never built a bass horn. Do any of you experienced horn builders have any feedback or comments about the design?

Thanks,
Vince

Attachments

• Compact Dayton Titanic 15.jpg
    Compact Dayton Titanic 15.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 304
  • compact.txt
    421 bytes · Views: 43
Last edited:

GM

Joined 2003
You're welcome!

To just view, it's easy, click on Tools/Loudspeaker Wizard to view the Schematic, various performance [input] Windows, pop-ups; to use will probably require keeping the HELP files nearby, which can be converted to a WORD doc to print out and of course there's the massive Hornresp 'sticky' thread: Hornresp

GM

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.