Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Driver at floor level or ceiling??
Driver at floor level or ceiling??
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2012, 01:27 AM   #21
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
R.I.P.

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Hi,

FYI, Tangband have drivers suitable for being mounted in-wall:s too:

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TB_W8-1853_OD_T-QWP.JPG (230.3 KB, 52 views)
Old 15th April 2012, 12:34 PM   #22
paulspencer is offline paulspencer  Australia
diyAudio Member

Regarding placement, it's hard to say without testing it in your room. Here are some measurements for one particular room:

Red Spade Audio: Room measurement case study 1

(That is Mr Happy Pant's room)

In this example, two corner subs are similar in smoothness to a single sub in the centre of the front wall.

If you can install subs in the floor or ceiling, very much like you would with an IB, then it's even better (potentially) in terms of WAF. Then it can be very big. I've just installed a bit tapped horn under the floor. In my case I'm doing it dual opposed (it makes a big difference with vibrations) and then decoupling it from the structure by attaching the sub to the floor via poly foam filler.
  Reply to this post

Driver at floor level or ceiling??Hide this!Advertise here!