weak output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a paradigm cinema 10" sub with 250watt amp, and a Yamaha HTR-5940. For about 2 years my sub has been in the corner holding down the floor because I thought it was dead. Recently, I adjusted the settings to small speakers all the way around, LFE to the FRONT and SUB. I went from having no signal to weak signal. I pulled the whole unit and replaced it with an MK 12" powered sub to test the LFE line out. It worked fine. If it werent for tears in the foam surround it would have blown the windows out. I tested just the speaker from the Paradigm by taking it apart and hooking it up to the center channel, worked fine. I hooked up the amp to another 12" speaker and got the same low output. I also tried the multiple RCA outputs, computer, DVD, receiver, etc. when i ran everything directly to the amp it was weak on the Paradigm and strong on the MK. Even when i circumvented the receiver thinking that there were settings I was missing. Am I forgetting a test? I feel like I have isolated the problem to the amp itself... thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.