System Pictures & Description / Subwoofer Gallery

In the full range and multiway forums there are threads dedicated to pictures and stickied to the top but not this one. With the variety of different subwoofer design options it seems like a pictures thread could be interesting. I for one would love to see everyone's subs in one place

Maybe the mods could chime in on this one

:cop:
(Mod note: Thread now in place as requested)

What? I can't say I have any idea what that post meant sorry
Perhaps that subs should be heard rather than seen.

Here are some from the Welter Systems fleet, 15" Chorns, 2x10" & 18" Keystone subs, 2x8" and 2x12" ported subs:

Attachments

• Sub Composite.jpg
    Sub Composite.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 8,975
Reactions: 1 users

Attachments

• DSC_0362.jpg
    DSC_0362.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 8,737
  • IMAG0479.jpg
    IMAG0479.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 8,618
This is my current FOH, the subs are 4 x Peavey 18" Lowriders in 135ltr BR enclosures. The kick-bins are P.Audio 15" E15-350N, tops 12" E12-250N with 1" selenium Dt220i on a clone JBL waveguide. Probably not as loud as Tapped Horns which I would really like to build when finances are available but still quite capable and very mobile. All the cabinets can be lifted individually by one person.

main.php

col.

C'mon... you knew it was coming, right?

Subs are lab horns. They produce the buh-HASS that guys with 50 Hz boxes can only dream about. The bottoms (kick bins) are fully loaded to 80 hz so they won't run out of excursion, and run up to 300. Kappa Pro 12 drivers. Tops are 2-way passive, with 2x8PE21 and D3300 drivers, 300 hz and up. 40 degree pattern and acoustic centers aligned. Takes a truck and trailer to move, so the whole rig doesn't get used that often - but just half will blow the roof off a typical hotel ballroom.

It's in 'block party' configuration. Naysayers think it's a comb filtering nightmare until they hear it. Clean and smooth for miles in any direction and it images like crazy at a "normal FOH position". For narrower coverage, 2 tops are stacked tweeter to tweeter, and the midbass stacked in a line next to it. Then there's the 'tower of power', where the midbass are v-plated and tops stacked like a pyramid on top - which I've only done *once*.

Attachments

• 100_0178.jpg
    100_0178.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 5,211
C'mon... you knew it was coming, right?

Subs are lab horns. They produce the buh-HASS that guys with 50 Hz boxes can only dream about. The bottoms (kick bins) are fully loaded to 80 hz so they won't run out of excursion, and run up to 300. Kappa Pro 12 drivers. Tops are 2-way passive, with 2x8PE21 and D3300 drivers, 300 hz and up. 40 degree pattern and acoustic centers aligned. Takes a truck and trailer to move, so the whole rig doesn't get used that often - but just half will blow the roof off a typical hotel ballroom.

It's in 'block party' configuration. Naysayers think it's a comb filtering nightmare until they hear it. Clean and smooth for miles in any direction and it images like crazy at a "normal FOH position". For narrower coverage, 2 tops are stacked tweeter to tweeter, and the midbass stacked in a line next to it. Then there's the 'tower of power', where the midbass are v-plated and tops stacked like a pyramid on top - which I've only done *once*.

Thats really impressive, you should come do my prom :eek:

I bet you can bring the rapture with all that, 7.83Hz ;)

Tang Band W8-670C, ~20l bass reflex enclosure, tuned to 43Hz. I'm building some matching tops with 3" Tang Band drivers atm.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I figured I would help populate this thread a bit.

here's a sonotube sub I just finished for my home theater.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

20"x36" tube with maple veneer, parts express classic sub.

After watching a few scenes from the Star Wars bluray's, I can safely say that it gets the job done quite well.