For reference to the truck sub.
Same sub that's in the T-TQWT.
Truck = 2009. Mancave = 2012.
The Kicker 08S15L74 is a BEAST.

Attachments

• 9292624.jpg
    9292624.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 823
Alpine SWG-844 in 35 liter bassreflex, designed with SpeakerBoxLite. Subwoofer box calculator, Sub box calculator

Made from 18mm MDF, with one square MDF piece in the middle between the driver and the port for bracing.

The cabinet is wrapped in vinyl, in 3 separate pieces. First piece is wrapped from the bottom, up the left side, over the top, down the right side and back to the bottom, the protruding vinyl is cut at 45 degree angles and folded over the front and back.
Next the front and back are wrapped separately and trimmed to the edge.

Attachments

• top-bottom.png
    top-bottom.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 277
  • right-left.png
    right-left.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 500
  • front.png
    front.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 530
  • frequency response.png
    frequency response.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC_0376_scaled.JPG
    DSC_0376_scaled.JPG
    783.9 KB · Views: 623
Here’s a recently completed sub project. Sealed passive units with the Dayton Audio Reference series 10” driver RSS265HF-4. These are the companions to the MTM cabinets I built last July (Post # 3343, page 345 in Speakers/Multi-way/System Pics & Descriptions). The same construction using 1” thick laminated oak boards. I built two subs, with one positioned as shown and the other closer to the listening position. This seems to even out the bass distribution in the room more than having both up front. These are part of a fully active system and each is driven by a dedicated 125W amp channel. Been listening for a few weeks now and I’m quite pleased with the results. Thanks for checking.

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 357
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    895.7 KB · Views: 348
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    868 KB · Views: 344
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    932.3 KB · Views: 373
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 381
Two passive 18" Dayton with 1/4 sawn Sapele Veneer. Lots of poly. Did these 10 years ago. Gave them to my Son now I am in an apartment. Built a couple monoblocks each with dual LM3886 boards and snubber power supplies. I now use my MTWWWW towers Seas Prestige, NEO CD1 Fountek and four 8" Dayton Reference towers.

Attachments

• DSCN0674.JPG
    DSCN0674.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN0684.JPG
    DSCN0684.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCN0868.JPG
    DSCN0868.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 265
The subwoofers I used are 4 of the TC Sounds LMS 5400's in a dual opposed configuration. There are 2 subs per enclosure- one on the front the other on the back. Each sub weighs about 450 lbs, made from multiple layers of baltic birch plywood, heavily braced. The power is supplied by a pair of Crown I-Tech 5000HD amps strapped as monoblocks using the built in DSP and crossover functions to EQ flat from 12hz. to 60hz. and rolling off at 60hz @ 48db per octave. I am still unable to get more then 20mm of the 36mm Xmax these drivers have--even at wall cracking SPL levels !!!

Best,
Joe

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, egellings & others

Unlike most audiophiles, my wife helped me build the speakers so I am very fortunate !!!! Thanks to the other viewers of the video for all your positive comments. I am hoping to get some friends from my local audio clubs to post my system playing music but you can't actually tell too much about system quality over YouTube but one day we will give it a try. All I can tell you is that this system has all the great audiophile attributes, power, clarity, imaging. a sense of LIVE, with no practical limits and can easily power a sizeable movie theater with no problem !!!! I will always be indebted to Dr. Bruce Edgar for his knowledge and guidance in completing this speaker system.

Best,
Joe