Vifa NE265W-04 10" Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First impression - the motor looks a little small.

Looks like a good price, Parts Plus competitor (starts with a M) has it listed for over $300.

The Vifa speakers in general are great; I’ve been using 7” Vifa M18WO-09-08 (discontinued, replacement Scan-speak Discovery 18W/8434G) for years in my front main speakers ~ awesome, they dip down amazing low and have great midrange.

what do you want to use it for? music, home theater, etc.

Music. I currently own a DefTech Supercube I which is awesome for HT... I hate it for music though. I've built a few "musical" subs already but I have the cash right now to get it where I want it. I'm looking for the most musical driver I can find at a good price. I'll throw it in a 1.0-1.5cft stuffed and sealed box. I dont need a 15mm Xmax pounder, thats why this one caught my eye.

First impression - the motor looks a little small.

Looks like a good price, Parts Plus competitor (starts with a M) has it listed for over $300.

The Vifa speakers in general are great; I’ve been using 7” Vifa M18WO-09-08 (discontinued, replacement Scan-speak Discovery 18W/8434G) for years in my front main speakers ~ awesome, they dip down amazing low and have great midrange.

Yeah I own a few Vifa tweeters I like a lot. This will be my first woofer from them. So yeah listing at $317.99 and on sale for $99... hell, if I don't like it I'll just make a sub for someone.

I actually recently bought this sub and paired it with a bash 300w amp. Put into a 1.8cu ft box tuned to 28hz. I have to say that this is a performer. That the slammer most are looking for but will get extremely low, filling a 15x12 room with full amounts of bass. I have noticed though that in loud music application you can start to hear cone break up but I think that is my fault for tuning the box so low. Going to build another box at 1.5 tuned to 30hz and see what happens.

Hi,

I have two of this driver in 8ohm, will be sealed in parallel in a center 3 way.

The center will be amp by a PowerSoft D-Cell 504 IS : 4 * 350W4ohm/190W 8ohm.

I can bridge for have 2*380W + 1*700W8ohm but my two NE265W will do 4ohm together, impossible.

Problem is if I put NE265W parallel I have 1 channel of 350W4ohm for two driver
other solution is to use one chanel by driver for 190W8Ohm/driver, 15W more comparing to other solution.

That just match RMS power for this woofer and everybody here use 300W for one driver, so what do you thinks ? Do you thinks is enough power ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.