TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

as you can see it shows a very weird spl graph when there is more power applied to it and also it indicates insane diaphragm movement, what am I doing wrong?
I suspect your max values are too low. Try putting insane high levels for the amp part and real values of the 18S datasheet in the speaker taps - then you should see what the speaker would be capable of (disregarding what the amp could do in real life).

Hi, can you please help me identify the error with Hornresp

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

as you can see it shows a very weird spl graph when there is more power applied to it and also it indicates insane diaphragm movement, what am I doing wrong?

The driver is 18 sound 18lw1400

why you choose Par (parabolic) flare instead of Con (conical)?

Hi, can you please help me identify the error with Hornresp

The driver is 18 sound 18lw1400

This comes up fairly often, so I'd like to address it.

What's happening here is that Hornresp is setting the frequency response so that the driver is receiving exactly the power input shown (unless Xmax is a problem). When the impedance goes up, the voltage input will also go up in order to make sure the power dissipated stays constant (P=V*V/R). Since speakers are conventionally voltage driven, having a drive voltage that varies with impedance will give an extremely non-linear frequency response, as we see here.

Chris

Hi!
I'm preparing to build two TH18.
I am interested in which drivers to use: B & C 18SW115 or 18DS115.
I've already done two TH18 and have built-in Faith pro XL1500 in them.
Faital XL 1500 drivers are no longer on sale, so I'll replace the drivers.
I would install B & C, so I need your expert help to buy.

Thank you!

Jani

Hi!
Some pictures of TH 18 with Faital pro 18XL1500 8ohm.
I run them with the FP14000 Sanway on one channel 2xTH18 at 4ohm.
On the second channel I have 2x Cubo18 Faital 18HP1022 8ohm, also connected so that they work at 4ohm.
img0678.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Hi everyone!

Firstly these plans look amazing an thank you so much for posting them up. Sorry if this has been asked already but I got tired of scrolling through the 278 pages on here!

I have just embarked on this project, I have bought 2x 18" drivers (18LW2400's) and am about to build the boxes.

I was wondering what mids and tops people have used to go with these and what sounds good? I am preferably going to have a 3 way system and will be using it to play a variety of music but mainly bass heavy stuff (reggae dub, jungle).

Thanks in advance!

@RMS65, good driver choice, we use them extensively in our xoc builds for hours and hours, but you need a good amp to drive them, Lab Gruppen amps etc category.

@Tom28Wilson I recommend to read the posts it is a great resource and R&D for your build. Also, you can throw any type of music on them they can handle it fine from dub to techno whatever rocks your boat.

The 18S 18SLW2400 is not that powerful duo to its limited xmax of 9.5mm and not that powerful motor, especially now we have Lossy Inductance method in HR. You could drive it max at max 56v (400w) if used with crossover settings

This is how it looks like with crossover settings:
single-at-xmax.PNG

Settings:
single-at-xmax-crossover.PNG

4 cabs more:
4cabs-at-xmax-crossover.PNG

4cabs-at-xmax-crossover.PNG

Attachments

• 4cabs-at-xmax.PNG
    4cabs-at-xmax.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 556