Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TH-18  Flat to 35hz!  (Xoc1's design)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th October 2013, 07:39 PM   #1471
sbjacob is offline sbjacob  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m R g S r View Post
Just gotta add grills then set these bad boys up to integrate well with my 4 way active techno system!
Click the image to open in full size.
Thats a amazing job on those are they the same horn path as the Danley TH118?
Old 29th October 2013, 07:43 PM   #1472
m R g S r is offline m R g S r  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks man. The real differences are bracing, corner reflectors and different throat shape. So the Danley TH-118 is similar to mine but not the same. Yet response isn't drastically different.
Old 29th October 2013, 08:51 PM   #1473
Brian Steele is offline Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks man. The real differences are bracing, corner reflectors and different throat shape. So the Danley TH-118 is similar to mine but not the same. Yet response isn't drastically different.
TD's indicated that corner reflectors aren't really needed for bass horns, and can actually adversely affect the performance. I'm in the process of building a similar TH (around a 12" driver) without corner reflectors, and one of the things I'll be looking for is any significant difference between the sim'd and actual response curves.

I think that correctly-placed bracing should result in an appreciable and measurable performance difference, hence my question above about which panels are most prone to vibration. The same pieces of wood used for corner reflectors can be used to add bracing to the panels that mostly need it.
Old 29th October 2013, 09:05 PM   #1474
sine143 is offline sine143  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjacob View Post
I'm using Crown xti2000 on each of the 3 TH115's and a Crown xti 4002 on the TH118 bridged. I'm running the Crown xti 2000's with the sub synth in and the xti 4002 without the combo is amazing in fact Ivan Beaver had recommended the combo of the TH115 and Th118 he also said that when doing demos most all the people like the sound of the combo better.
what effect does the subsynth have in your opinion? I've stayed away from it like the plague. I also have an xti 4002, and a 2000.
Old 29th October 2013, 10:27 PM   #1475
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
what effect does the subsynth have in your opinion? I've stayed away from it like the plague. I also have an xti 4002, and a 2000.
The sub synth on the xti2000's with the TH115's seems to balance things out with the TH118 just my opinion though and I have my high bypass at 30Hz for added protection and never clip my amps no need to really especially on inside gigs stuff starts falling off the walls and from the ceiling . (:
Old 29th October 2013, 11:26 PM   #1476
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I would love to find some plans for the Danley SM100 speakers they look fairly simple to build anyone have anything similar to that around?

Last edited by sbjacob; 29th October 2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:33 PM   #1477
m R g S r is offline m R g S r  United States
diyAudio Member

It's the crossovers that are very tricky. The cabinet is not terribly difficult to build.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:38 PM   #1478
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It's the crossovers that are very tricky. The cabinet is not terribly difficult to build.
The SM100 is just one 8" coaxial speaker the SH50 looks to be complex?
SM100 | Danley Sounds Labs | Danley Sound Labs, Inc.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:44 PM   #1479
bentoronto is offline bentoronto  Canada
diyAudio Member

I looked at a number of pages in this thread, but haven't yet come across mic measurements for the DIY units discussed here. Can somebody provide links or searching cues for these THs, please. Thanks.
B.
Old 30th October 2013, 12:11 AM   #1480
noSmoking is offline noSmoking  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hey m R g S r,

Those look good ,I've been thinking about some graphics to put on them would look cool,lol.
NS
Click the image to open in full size.[/QUOTE]

TH-18  Flat to 35hz!  (Xoc1's design)Hide this!Advertise here!