TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

"What keeps bothering me about thi sdesign, "

What do you think causes the big dip at 120hz that you see below?

W6Tangband.gif

Wrap your brain around this TH white paper

What keeps bothering me about thi sdesign, and I'd love it if someone can set my mind at ease... But, isn't the driver in the path of the presure wave of previous cycles? I.e. lets say a "positive" presure part of a wave arrives at the driver at the same time the cone is trying to move towards the magnet side, or the opposite scenario.
Also because of the time it took the wave to actualy reach the speaker, it is not the wave the speaker is busy produceing at that point (that's a guess, I'll be honest). If this is true, then there should be a time smear or modulation?

Please help me, I'll get no sleep now.

mRgSr, here are the other settings for low-cut filtering;

Linkwitz-Riley - 24dB/Oct = 28Hz
Butterworth - 12dB/Oct = 38Hz
Butterworth - 24dB/Oct = 32Hz
Butterworth - 48dB/Oct = 32Hz
Bessel - 48dB/Oct = 23Hz
Bessel - 24dB/Oct = 27Hz
Bessel - 12dB/Oct = 36Hz

Power Compression highest between 40Hz and 70Hz of at least 2,4dB @ AES power rating.

"Well I just grabbed these because I honestly didn't think I could do better price wise DIY"

You can change out the 90°x40° for the 60°x40° horn with a 3" coil driver and bi-amp at 1.3Khz.

It is possible to replace the stock 90° small-format horn with a 60° large format horn (338735-001), they are about $80 each from a JBL service center (plus the cost of a driver). The new JBL 2432H (365512-001X) is a killer driver for only $260 (full retail price). A 3" coil, and only $150 (list) for a replacement diaphragm (D8R2432).

I was able to buy a 'new' set of 2432H on eBay for $350. The Aluminum 2431H are available for less. The Be 2434 are available for more.

nice! 6 should be pretty loud!
I did a little more work on mine today, i think another full days work on them and they should both be finished! Then i can start breaking them in and playing around with the DSP's on the amps....so i'm getting close!!

I'm going to Governors island tomorrow to see Victor Calderone (my fav DJ) and i heard they brought in some serious sound. my friend who went yesterday said 24 Martin subs, (i think ws218x) can't wait to hear it!