3015lf TH @ 35-40hz but only 20" deep help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am starting to work on this years boat project a 28foot pontoon.. I have bought 2 - 3015lf for subs and I want to put them under the seats so I have 18" wide I can go, 20" deep and however high I need as technically I will be laying the boxes on there sides.. Anyone have a link for a box build or any ideas.. looking for loud and low with good efficancy as I am running off a generator. Thanks for all the help!! Pictures of the beautiful 1985 pontoon boat to come. this is going to be a total transformation for this beauty.

You would probably end up with a "thinner" version of what Don Snyder built, I'd suggest searching his posts.

The size restrictions you have may make a bass reflex cabinet a better choice, as a "thinner" TH will end up with less gain and may have more peaky frequency response problems.

Attachments

• Don Snyders 3015LF TH.jpg
    Don Snyders 3015LF TH.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,907
Last edited:
thanks Don, to be honest I am horrible at Hornresp .. but I guess really all I need to know is how much space between the front of the driver board and the top of the box and then how big should I make the opening? the rest I can figure out as I have made about 5 TH's now

This IS Bjorno's box. Smaller & easier to build than my TH. Bjorno did a GREAT job simming this box!

Hi Don,Justint,

Thank you Don...

Justint,

Maybe the design I proposed and named: T-TQWP is a name misnomer and should better be a T-QWP(Tapped Quarter-wave -Pipe).
A T-TQWP (Tapped-Tapered-Quarter-wave-Pipe) or a T-QWP are both folded like a TH's but only the T-QWP uses a constant CSA(Cross Sectional Area).

My superfluous !!? version:A simple picture showing the T-TQWP:

b :)

Attachments

• Eminence3015LF_185Liter-210cm_T-QWP.JPG
    Eminence3015LF_185Liter-210cm_T-QWP.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,737
Bjorno - no need for access panel, I simmed it in CAD and it went in with an inch to spare...

Hi Charles,Don:

You don't need any HP-filter at all if you stay below~63W input( i.e. ~ 116 SPL and 1 Hz safe).
Mount the driver like a TH or a T_TQWT: The performance differences will IME be benign, but mounting like an TH has an advantage when stuffing is used as it's easier to minimize the minimum required stuffing for smoothest response (sometimes needed (Hi-Fi)) and if used, would be easier to evenly distribute the damping material at the 'throat side' whereas otherwise would be occupied of the basket and magnet volume.

Thanks again Don !: I oversaw the possibility to avoid using a lid, I'm too focused on T-TQWT designs :eek: where an access lid is an evil necessity to incorporate.

b:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.