Keystone Sub Using 18, 15, & 12 Inch Speakers

When I tried my keystones laying on their side I imagine I heard a significant difference for the worse compared to standing up.
I don't doubt that a difference exists, but I haven't personally had any objection to running mine on the sides.
I do suspect that if you start stacking the cabinets or making arrays out of them, the difference may start to disappear.

Treukauf,

Thanks for the compliments!

I was very close to deification on 1/19/17, but after the anesthesia wore off, just was in pain from a scratched right cornea that occurred during the subdural hematoma repairs.

As you can see, I'm "Astatic" about the results ;^).

I now have four titanium gussets in my cranium, but the 48 (or so) stainless steel rivets were removed with the tool in the plastic bag above Shannon Holt's "Love will tear us Apart" assemblage. At 35 pieces (and counting..) I am now her largest patron, her art is superb.

Although the six Keystone B-Low cabinets cut parts from last year are still just standing (warping..) in the shop, Camphor Lane Studios now has a nice shop to build them in, rather than the carport in the rental house from hell I am glad to have left in last year's wake.
True to form, Marjorie Evans, the 218 South Elsasser landlord from hell did not pay my damage deposit, as well as entering the rental without my permission to "clean", after the cleaning there were personal items missing.

After the brain injury I try not to make time promises, but it does look like I can finally see the light at the end of an 18 month tunnel coming near, it will be good to smell sawdust and be a wood butcher again!

Cheers,
Art

Welter Systems, Inc.
Camphor Lane Studios

Thank God you made it through alright.

Did the police catch the guys that did that to you?!

Patrick,

No, my felon next door neighbor is still there, and the felon that robbed me while in hospital is still pulling scams.

The Deputy has not returned my calls.

And property valuations are going up again in this good neighborhood :rolleyes:

Art

Sorry to hear that. I had a break in in my studio last weekend and lost about 10k$ worth of gear, sometimes I wish to get a 9mm and make my own laws but unfortunately if you do whats right in my country you get punished heavier than if you do what is wrong!

Hope the insurance company will cover most of it

Offcourse burglary is nothing compared to personal damage/suffering as in your case.. or both!

Heal well my friend!

Osse,

It is not your imagination, the difference is real and quite easily measured. I designed and tested the Keystone specifically for upright operation.

Art

Hi Art

Hope you are healing up well. What would be the recommended configuration for more than on keystone per side or center clustered?

Thanks

Hal (from back in the day in Mpls :))

P.S. I still see Lauren Wicklander from time to time

Hi Art

Hope you are healing up well. What would be the recommended configuration for more than on keystone per side or center clustered?

Thanks

Hal (from back in the day in Mpls :))

P.S. I still see Lauren Wicklander from time to time
Hi Hal,

With two or three per side I'd be inclined to just line them up ^^^, with four it would probably be best to do two <> over two, mouths coupled.

Art

This weekend we ran this warehouse party with dark techno using two keystones with extenders. Normally the size of venue you could see 6-8 f221 and six res.5 tops.

Not my most intense experience but it sounded great and was intense in the front! It sometimes ran 15 dB's into the sub limiter for extended periods at 85 volts and the magnets were barely warm.. I heard the limiter working but don't think anybody else noticed. 8 ohm drivers

Great party. Great cabs. Thanks Art!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1490581571380.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490581571380.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 711
  • FB_IMG_1490581616163.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490581616163.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 704
Hi guys, I'm having problems with dancing cabinets. Any ideas how to remedy this? I have one pretty sturdy rubber feet in each corner, and when stacked a top cabinet of 15-20 kg above they still move around.

Would increasing the area of connection to the ground be enough to remove dancing, or would I have to add weights? Are you guys experiencing this aswell and what do you do about it. The extenders fixes this but they are not possible to utilise every time.

Have a great weekend!

I had the same problem with TH18 prototype standing up. First I did some more bracing and then I put some 'stone carriers' (rubber plates from recycled rubber) that helped a lot. i think you can find them at your local BAUHAUS Bäckebol. We use this a lot on our gigs.

looks like this:

Last edited:
I had the same problem with TH18 prototype standing up. First I did some more bracing and then I put some 'stone carriers' (rubber plates from recycled rubber) that helped a lot. i think you can find them at your local BAUHAUS Bäckebol. We use this a lot on our gigs.

looks like this:

How big are those matrasses, do they cover the whole bottom or one in each corner? Thanks for the tips!

I was just out and bought a package of the stone rubber feet, but they are small, 60x90 mm. Still much bigger surface than my current feet offcourse!

Hope it will solve the walking subs!

Have you tried raising the back of the sub with a strip of wood say about 1/2" high? Let the front edge of the sub rest on the ground. This should decouple the bottom panel from the ground and remove its vibrations as a cause of the "movement".