Keystone Sub Using 18, 15, & 12 Inch Speakers

I will. do you mind if I post a 3d model of the cab here? I still need to add bracing... and I had a quick question:

is there a "spacer ring" for mounting the 18" woofers? I notice the cut out is only Sixteen inches
Will we need special 3 D glasses to view the model? Post away.

No spacer ring is needed.
B&C lists a 16.6" baffle cut out which will allow for front or rear mounting the driver.
16" as I recall allows enough cut out so it would be impossible for the surround to hit the cutout edge when mounted with the magnet away from the baffle.
I may have used a roundover on the baffle cut out too.
The 16" cut out allows the use of 1/4" t-nuts with all the tines seated in wood, I have had problems with wood splitting around the t-nuts when the hole is cut large enough for front mounting.

Measure your speaker gasket to be sure of the exact size. Better to have a too small hole that can be cut larger than a too large hole that requires caulk to make an air seal.

Hey Art, earlier in this thread when someone asks about mounting the two lab 12" subs horizontally, you mention you would recommend one18TBW100 over the pair of Lab 12's due to less $ and weight. Am I missing something? Two Lab 12" are $328 shipped and one B&C is $378 shipped. Coupled with having to have higher powered amps to realize the potential of the B&C the cost seems to only go up. I am close to building a couple of Keystone subs and am just trying to make the right choice here. Any further advice on this? Thanks

Hey Art, earlier in this thread when someone asks about mounting the two lab 12" subs horizontally, you mention you would recommend one18TBW100 over the pair of Lab 12's due to less $ and weight. Am I missing something? Two Lab 12" are $328 shipped and one B&C is $378 shipped. Coupled with having to have higher powered amps to realize the potential of the B&C the cost seems to only go up. I am close to building a couple of Keystone subs and am just trying to make the right choice here. Any further advice on this? Thanks
Yes, $50 more on the B&C 18TBW100 will be well worth it.
The 18TBW100-4 is about the same sensitivity as the Lab 12, so will get as loud with the same power, though the low impedance of the Labs (only about 2.2 ohms compared to 3.3) will extract more power from 2 ohm capable amps.

The B&C has less power compression, so given the same (high) power, it will be louder than the Lab 12s. The B&C can handle close to 3 dB more power and has greater excursion too, probably real world you would see hear around 4dB more output when hit with 1500-3000 watts than the pair of Lab 12s.
It would probably take around three dual Lab 12 Keystones to be as loud as two B&C 18TBW100-4 loaded, so when amp power and the extra cabinet are factored in, the B&C is actually cheaper per output.

If using a pair per side either orientation will work OK, if orientated "sideways" (45" dimension left/right) the exits should be located together.
You need to equalize response for the array anyway, so it is a matter of what arrangement works best for the venue and the dispersion you want to achieve.

I thought that might be the case.

The big deciding factor for me has been the quantity dicounts.

buying in quantities of 4, I can get heavy discounts on both the tbw100 and the sw100, both of which end up in the same price range with free shipping. to recieve a quantity discount on the sw115.... I need to get 12 :(

They'll work but the tbw is a better choice for roughly the same price isn't it?

Fairly cheap on E-Bay ($220 shipped) discontinued model.
Just don't buy them all out from under me. :D

I have just enough room in my vehicle to transport a pair of keystones with my other gear.

BTW, the Kappalite I got from you is still going strong. A pair of them in plain old BR boxes covered a full 500 seat theater with many complements From Reggie Watts, I suggested a pair of 2X18's but he insisted the two 15's were plenty during soundcheck.

Here's the data sheet...
Do you know Hornresp yet?

Thanks Dan, I have played around with Hornresp and followed the simple tutorial but until I get around the pack space issue I will put the tapped horn project on hold.
The Faital 18" modeled well in a small enclosure using unibox and will handle twice the power of the 3015lf's so it will get some service before going into a Keystone. There only a few weddings I do a year where the extra output of a horn would be nice to have... I still have occasional flashbacks of moving a Hammond B3 from gig to gig for my friends band 15 years ago so I know what I will be getting into with a big boy sub.