SEAS Prestige L26RFX/P as a sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not enough info but if just for music and with small full ranges them with some careful placement they would sound pretty good. spec wise anyway... but if money permits i would go with the L26ROY and maybe add another later...
Some Blu-ray concerts, but mostly gaming and movies.

I liked the thought of two L26RFX's also due to being able to run both off a single plate amp. For the ROY, I'd need an additional amp, or 4 driver in total(parallel+series). :D

Rather than sealed, you might want to put them in a half-wave pipe! It will control excursion and extend response a bit while sounding nice.
Sounds fun, but I wish I had enough space. Multiple, smallish cabinets would work much better in this room.

Rather than sealed, you might want to put them in a half-wave pipe! It will control excursion and extend response a bit while sounding nice.

At least if i'm thinking of the correct driver.

Agree, The Seas-L26RFX-P driver would make a good Sub for music as well for Ht if put into a suitable TL or T-TQWT:

b:)

Attachments

• Seas-L26RFX-P_T-TQWT.JPG
    Seas-L26RFX-P_T-TQWT.JPG
    622.3 KB · Views: 625
Sealed vs. BR vs. Isobaric vs. TL or T-TQWT

...Multiple, smallish cabinets would work much better in this room.
What do you call ""smallish cabinets"".
Some people say that, in the forum, and end-up building, or interested, in 200L enclosures. The only way to make it small, I guess is Isobariq, (NPI) just an idea... to make sure for priorities. :)
A sealed works nice with this driver also but... F3 is close to 50Hz, with 90L cabinets.
Look at this (post #3) with a small Isobaric sub, at OP request.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...2-x-scanspeak-25w-8565-01-any-good-ideas.html

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.