cabiant for Xpload 220w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well I have two Xplod 8 inch 220w 4ohm subs, my question is what is the best box for each one so the bass out good enough regardless of the size I just want to make sure to make best box for these
here is sub picture:
attachment.php

I have no experience with box but I think I can build one at your suggestion :)

Attachments

• DSC00242.JPG
    DSC00242.JPG
    754.5 KB · Views: 240
I found specs on the 5 sided version just for an idea

The 5 sided ones need a sealed box of 0.36 cubic feet or 10.9 cubic liters. Search for any numbers on the sub and that might get something. If the sticker fell off or the markings are gone, I'd go with a sealed box of .75 cubic feet or 22 liters of internal air space with both woofers in the box.

Maybe if you posted another picture but of the back side, someone might recognize what year or series of subwoofers they could match to.

One other question, are these for a car or home use? Be careful around here when you say size does not matter! Someone will cook you up some plans for a 2 meter tall BIB version.

well according to your needs for specification about these subs, I just know it the old version of the new XSL82P5. but the different is in the wattage the new one has more powerful core than the one I have.
anyway I don't have any catalog for them I have them from 2 years and I thought I was lost them but I found by accident at my old tools garage so I hope to build something fit them.
for the use of them it was for my car, anyway now I want to use them at home with my amp.

SUBWOOFERS:
Speaker Size (cm): 20.
Speaker Size (inch): 8.
Peak Power (W): 900.
Rated Power (RMS, W): 220.
Impedance (ohms): 4.
Sensitivity (dB/W/m): 87.
Frequency Response (Hz): 30-1000.
Mass (kg): 2.7.
Mass (lb/oz): 6/0.
d (mm): 165.
d (inch): 6.5.
Rdc (ohms): 3.3.
Fs (Hz): 43.0.
Qts: 0.48.
Qes: 0.53.
Qms: 4.89.
Vas (Lit.): 11.9.
Vas (Cu. ft.): 0.42.
Mms (g): 74.9.
Lvc (mH): 1.0.
Xmax (mm): 2.7.
Xmax (inch): 0.1.
BL (Tm): 11.1.
SUBWOOFER - ENCLOSURES:
Sealed Enclosure Vol. (Net Cu. ft.): 0.36.
Sealed Enclosure Vol. (Net Lit.): 10.2.
Ported Enclosure Vol. (Net. Lit.): N/A.
Port Dimensions (inch): N/A.
Ported Enclosure Vol. (Net Cu. ft.): N/A.
Port Dimensions (mm): N/A.
and I can add something I'm not pro with boxes so I need 3D dimension if you don't mind to help also with this point.
for example what is 10.9 cubic liters mean I don't know.

your driver is best for car. when i simulate the sealed box(0.36). -3db is very high. when i sim the vented box. i think it's better than sealed box. i get the result about 19 L but must be add the cone displacement about 2 L(i think)=21L (Inside Dimensions) when u build. the port diameter is about 2" length is about 19.6 cm. about the box u can design by urself with my link,it's very easy for the beginning. u can select the dimension by urself :)

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer BoxWizard

your driver is best for car. when i simulate the sealed box(0.36). -3db is very high. when i sim the vented box. i think it's better than sealed box. i get the result about 19 L but must be add the cone displacement about 2 L(i think)=21L (Inside Dimensions) when u build. the port diameter is about 2" length is about 19.6 cm. about the box u can design by urself with my link,it's very easy for the beginning. u can select the dimension by urself :)

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer BoxWizard

thank you very much for the link now I do some simulation and I get 21.27L for cabinet when I used Rectangular type for enclosure the dimensions I used is:
Height: 30cm
Width: 31cm
Depth: 33cm
all for outside enclosure.
I hope this work for sub I'll try to post pictures when I get it done as I hope thx again for your help now I'm sure the sound will be good as I hope and better to know from pro like you how to do that design.
:)

No such thing as cubic liters since liters is already a cubic value.

Seems hard to believe that a woofer with such a huge surround and high power handling would have so little Xmax. If true though, then using it in the home will require a sub system to fill in below it, but if you want to try it anyway, then stick it the recommended sealed cab and place it in a corner since there's not enough Xmax to bother with venting a larger cab. Even a very low tuned ~131 L net TH barely makes 105 dB/30 Hz/m in a typical corner.

GM

I didn't under stand what is Xmax you mention is, but seem you tell me this one is hard to do with such enclosure right?
or do you mean the sound bass will be low?

GM said ..x-max is the distance of the voice coil travel around the world! LOL :D Hosam x-max is the distance of the voice coil travel between the magnet gap. when u increase the power feed to the voice coil sometime the voice coil travel out of the gap. 2.7 mm is the low x-max. difficult to design when u want to the high spl level in ur room because the voice coil can travel out of the gap.

Attachments

• spkmotor.gif
    spkmotor.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 114
i have the plan to buy p audio hp-10w to build party box. it also has the less x-max. see the specs about 3.0 mm but hp-10w has very high sensitivity about 96 db@ 1 watt. i think before the coil will be exeed limit it will plenty of loud bass. when i see the video from this. i'm surprise when the cone move. your driver is low sensitivity. i sim it until the coil is max limit. i get the result about 98 db. and if u go with horn design may be 105 db that u will get.

YouTube - Paudio HP-10W

after consider everything before look at this picture and tell me if this could be better or not:
attachment.php

do I need to fix them both in one enclosure or this is ok for this design ?
because I check this dimensions and it give me about 21.04L for space inside do I need more or this is just fine for cabinets and general idea?

Attachments

• position.png
    position.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 116
GM thank you for the links I'll try to make boxes in these condition as I hope, because there is a lot of materials that I could use here and available to buy cheep also.
Thawach I really appreciate your opinion and I'll try to post some picture for the finish project but if you can tell me how to make measurements to check if its working good in professional way, because I really like to get information and use them immediately from experts like you and GM.

Hosam if u want to measure your sub. u must have the tool. software measurement u can download from here. u can start this threads every members on here will help a lot. it's not difficult to learn.

holmimpulse-measurements-practice

holmimpulse-measuring-frequency-impulse-respond

and u can follow to see this will help all the beginners.

Ilkka tested subwoofer

last year i tested by this software(pic). i feel like this software. it's simple for everyone to use and learn. the other software that i like to test, is rew from hometheatershack but difficult more than holmimpulse.

Attachments

• holmimplus.jpg
    holmimplus.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 56
I suppose for me best choice is to try simple software then get used to it after that when I feel things get simple enough I'll try more measurement software for future test.
this idea is very exciting specially when you know you make things correctly as example these subs boxes and then maybe if I buy some more powerful sub it will be easy to design good cabinet after make measurement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.