C/E/X PA Flat to 30 (FT30) PA TH Awesomeness

cubic.png

18mm or 16mm?

I will most likely try this build in a 16mm MDF. BUT I will be writing everything down so that I can do this in plywood which would be 18mm. BUT I might be able to find some 18mm MDF also. Not trying to make this more difficult for you. SO if this design is in 18mm I will just get 18mm MDF or make my own.(12mm+6mm).

The final build will be out of expensive 18mm A/A marine ply. It is the best quality plywood I can get for the price. Not a fan of the other cheaper ply's. Although form ply looks alright but never really looked at it much.

Also the way the folds look would this have more useful top end or no?

Just reminded me of a Nd alignment. I understand it is a TH just looking at the folds is all.

i think you mean the spacer = for excursion
yes 18mm
updateted the pic
if you cant get the driver in,make the mouth cut out 18 mm larger and extend "d" 18mm
oh and i did not draw the backpanel ,its the same square as the front pannel without the hole

Last edited:
Well according to BC the 21" has a overall diameter of 547mm. SO I dont know if it will fit. BUT the diagonal going across the the 45cm mouth opening is 63.6cm. SO depending on how much room I have to work with it may fit BUT looks close.

If I make the mouth 18mm larger do you mean 18mm + 450mm?

This will increase the mouth opening from 2025 to 2190.24?

I am assuming this is what you mean. Will have to cut a scrap piece of wood I have and see if I can get the 21" even trough the 45cm x 45cm mouth. Will try this later on today.

EPA what would the depth be from the front panel to the baffle or spacer plate?

Seems like the 21's could fit but if its too close then no. BUT the whole front panel could be screwed in also like a hatch. Its hard to tell too much without having the hole thing built yet. The 45cm hole is big enough to get the 21 through. BUT I still wonder what obstructions will be on the inside I may touch. Looks doable for now.