Easy Horn Excel Spreadsheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im sure someone will know this immedately but i cant seem to understand what an offset horn is?

ive found this image im sure a few of you have seen and ive read the thread im sure its so simple but i just cant find it

Horntypes2.gif

im trying to understand how to design a BLH but seem to hit a wall somewhere with all of the options

im sure someone will know this immedately but i cant seem to understand what an offset horn is?
---
im trying to understand how to design a BLH but seem to hit a wall somewhere with all of the options
If the driver taps into the horn at the very beginning it is a standard horn. If it taps in anywhere else along the side it is an offset horn, as the driver is offset from the true throat.

The HR help file explains how to input a BLH pretty well. Where exactly do you fall of the wagon, so to speak?

This is a small update.

I fixed the driver nominal size non-sorting error.
Added more of the Leach math to the right of the main inputs.
I also added some minor extra calculators, and a new driver data base parameter.

Attachments

• Easy Horn v8ca Excel.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 681
I have been getting some questions about the AE drivers, and why there is no dimensional info on them.

It's because the info is a pain to get too, as it is not listed with the driver parameters themselves. I when back and added in the easy to find models info. I'll post a picture here, and add a zip file. You can either copy paste from the zip, or manually input them from the pic.

If anyone has the remaining missing parameters please feel free to post them here.

AE1.gif

Attachments

• AE1.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Some HR files

Hi, with the great help of Eazy Horn and Hornresp I calculated some tapped horns. B&C 15SW115, B&C15CL76 (cheap) and Beyma 15G300 8 (because it is laying around) - were tested. The HR files are attached. Interpretation is difficult for me. 15sw115 has already been used for TH and should be the best driver. But it's SPL curve gets ragged even below 200 hz. The Beyma is officially out for a TH, but I see a rather good response up to 400 hz.The boxes are huge ( over 1000 liters), they would be higher than 250 cm. Can someone help me interpret the HR files correctly ? Included is a textfile with some B&C drivers in the format for Eazy Horn, except the columns I did not understand. Some of them could be usable for a TH. To get a smaller box, I think about a 2 x 12" config. But the curves dont look smoother with multiple drives. Why ? Thanks !

Attachments

• BC15sw115x2c2.25.txt
    424 bytes · Views: 150
  • BC15cl76x2c2.25.txt
    427 bytes · Views: 91
  • bey15gc3.5.txt
    417 bytes · Views: 100
It is unclear (to me) how one can build a TH from the HR figures. Starting from the horndata file ( constant depth, with UNI), I exported the radius into Excel : graphically it is an exponential horn, the flare does not matter. No straight borders. I added the first and last radius etc, the resulting enclosure has a marked concave outline. So why not draw a straight line from the throat to the mouth ? Who has been there before ? Thanks.

Hmm, this is the first update email notice I've received in many a moon, so wasn't even aware of the latest revision and don't recall seeing any posts from soho on the forums since then now that I think about it.

Regardless, if he's like me, 'life' is keeping him too busy for much forum time, so glad you were able to work it out on your own.

GM

I haven't seen anything from him in a long time. I started getting spam from his email address awhile back too. Hopefully he's just busy.
Yeah, I have taken part in every major data breach pretty much ever. :rolleyes:

Well... except that adultery site anyway. ;)

Oh yeah, and they missed me in the last fed breach. :xfingers:

Life + wife + multiple kids (they just keep popping up) = time?? Nope.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.