Klipsch KSW10 Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:confused: Ok, so after a few hours of unsuccessfully searching for a replacement amplifier for this powered subwoofer, I somehow came across this forum and figured what the heck...I am not a 'Tech' guy, but do have a basic understanding of elecrticity, so here goes: The sub was working fine until played at VERY high volume level, then just went dead. First, checked fuse, fuse looked ok, but went to the local Radio Shack and bought new fuses of same rating...nothing. This, of course, one month after warranty expiration...Great. Sat in my closet for about a year then today, I decided to 'take a look-see'.

Removed amp from enclosure, gave it a visual check, no signs of overheating, leakage or anything obvious. Power supply (Transformer?) has 110 volts coming to it. Checked resistance of several components on the board, all were ok, but many, many more need checked. I have a VOM that I really don't have a lot of faith in, so I got discouraged , and impatient. This led to me to re-attach two small plugs back to the board, one is for the LED indicator...well, somehow I broke the solder joint. Broke out the soldering iron and resoldered the joint, but not very well...I guess you need a really fine point gun for this (duh) and I damaged the board in doing so...not very smart, eh? Then, I read somewhere that Vibration may have caused a weak joint to fail...possible. I'm sure a capable repair person could figure this out rather quickly, but I don't have the budget for this (sound familiar?) Any ideas??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.