Can a JBL 2225h really become a 100% 2235h?

I've acquired the 2235h conversion re-cone kit, but before I got into the work I read that I would need a "Mass Ring" to truly turn my 2205 into a 2235h! So I contacted another supplier and was able to buy the ring/s Now I am wondering how high do I set the voice coil into the motor and what height to set the mass ring. I read Dang Amatuer's input but I wanted to know from what point to meassure the 0.750" height? Spider height, maybe?

It's apparent you've bought aftermarket parts, so it's anybody's guess exactly what you have. I don't want to be seen as a person who presents himself as an expert on this; I'm certainly not a recover. I've just tried to share the information I had, among which was that a factory recone kit is required to create a 2235 in a 2225 frame. If they are not available, there may be something available from someone who does his damnedest to make a could facsimile. Then there's everybody else. You are dealing with that last, and I don't know who can help you.

As said above. Genuine C8R2235 kits do include the 35 g mass rings and are sold by JBL exclusively to authorized repair shops, if they're still available at all. And they are pre-mounted and do not leave any questions.

I also had aftermarket kits that came as loose parts. So I asked the seller exactly the same question and was told to shim the voice coil with 4 mm overhung before attaching the spider. Hope that helps.

Best regards!

I did, indeed. My results aren't comparable in all details, though, as I created a pair of Frankenwoofers by throwing SimpleSpeakers 2235 recone kits into E-140 baskets. So my results aren't exactly 2235H's, but something with increased BL, due to the stronger magnets. And, of course, I had no mass rings. Still would have to determine the parameters ;) . Anyway, they sound well and punchy with that certain snap in my 4430 clones, but I had to adapt the mid/treble horn voltage dividers to the increased bass sensitivity a bit.

Best regards!