Small footprint SUB using multiple small drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there! I'm brand new to DIY and currently reading everything I can find on the subject of Subwoofer building. I'm from Norway so I use the metric system in my posts.... :shy:

I currently own a pair of small monitors that I would like to place on a pair of tall small footprint subs.
The dimensions should be w:20*cm d:26cm hight:65cm. This should equal somwhere between 25-30l without any foam/isolation...
I want musicality and slam rather than the very deepest bass. It's perfectly OK if it rolls of around 30hz. The monitors take care of the mids, so I need drivers that can handle something like 30-150-200hz...

Right now my mind is set on a closed box with 3 x 6.5" front firing drivers, or perhaps quad 8" side firing in push-push config, 2 and 2 drivers facing away from each other. This PDF contains some inspiring designs: http://www.creativesound.ca/pdf/SDX7-sealed-pass1.pdf

So basically:
I need tips on what drivers that are suitable for such a small volume and small footprint box.
And I also need some tips on doing simulations. I've tried winISD but it won't work with Windows 7 or Ubuntu which I currently have installed. Any other programs that will do the trick?

Any help is greatly apreciated!

- Fredrik, Oslo

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.