Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sub mounting location
Sub mounting location
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2010, 10:03 PM   #11
Phil Olson is offline Phil Olson  United States
diyAudio Member

Oh, I hoped you wouldn't ask! Actually, I just bought a new camera so I don't have any excuses.

I am actually building an entire HT system with the DX10's used as stereo subs, the already built DX15's used as the LFE, and a Scan Speak D3004-660000 and two Seas W15LY001E0041 drivers in an MTM configuration will handle the 7 main speakers, with the Behringer DCX24/96 as the crossover/EQ.

The LFE will be driven by the Hypex 800W plate amp while the MTM's as well as the DX10's will be driven by the Hypex 400W HG amps and 400W SMPS supplys with my own 12V trigger circuit added.

The power supplies are all built, stained (oak shell), and sealed and already in use with my current Snell speakers. The MTM cabinets are all built and tested as well as the matching speaker stands. As soon as the DX10 cabinets are finished I'll take the whole lot next door to my neighbor who is a professional painter, (boy did I luck out!) then stuff the cabinets and mount the drivers. After that, it's all just tweaking to get the most out of the system in my room.

I already tested one MTM just to verify the design and sounds great! Once I get the whole mess up and tweaked I'll definitely post pictures and a whole description of the project.

I' m glad I'm retired or I'd never get done!

Sub mounting locationHide this!Advertise here!